Ghostbusters Franchise

Latest News

The Overlord

Aug 5, 2002
Ratings
Visit site
What do you think could save it? I'm open to suggestions.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I guess you are talking about spin offs from the movie series like Real Ghostbusters or Extreme Ghostbusters, rather then the Flimation Ghostbusters right? I feel like if the 2016 movie had done better, there would have been a chance we could have had a new Ghostubsters cartoon.

dumbfoolkid5

Apr 15, 2012
Ratings
122 1
New Orleans LA. US
I guess you are talking about spin offs from the movie series like Real Ghostbusters or Extreme Ghostbusters, rather then the Flimation Ghostbusters right? I feel like if the 2016 movie had done better, there would have been a chance we could have had a new Ghostubsters cartoon.
Not sure if Filmation has a chance, but i would've like to see more of the female group. And what about that project that takes place in the future?

The Overlord

Aug 5, 2002
Ratings
Visit site
Not sure if Filmation has a chance, but i would've like to see more of the female group. And what about that project that takes place in the future?

I am not sure that works, if you are setting it in the future, you are adding in a bunch of different genres in the mix, that may or may not work, would it be far in the future and be really sci fi or would it a couple of decades in the future and be cyber punk or something.

With Ghostbusters we are talking about a pretty big franchise, it started off as a movie series and branched out into in comics, cartoons and video games. I do think the 2016 movie doing better would have helped it, now the franchise is in a bit of tough spot. We will see what Dan Ackroyd tries to do with this franchise in the future with Netflix, but I did hear he was thinking of trying to sell a live action Ghostbusters TV show to Netflix.

Dan Aykroyd Wants a Live-Action Ghostbusters Netflix Series

dumbfoolkid5

Apr 15, 2012
Ratings
122 1
New Orleans LA. US
I am not sure that works, if you are setting it in the future, you are adding in a bunch of different genres in the mix, that may or may not work, would it be far in the future and be really sci fi or would it a couple of decades in the future and be cyber punk or something.

With Ghostbusters we are talking about a pretty big franchise, it started off as a movie series and branched out into in comics, cartoons and video games. I do think the 2016 movie doing better would have helped it, now the franchise is in a bit of tough spot. We will see what Dan Ackroyd tries to do with this franchise in the future with Netflix, but I did hear he was thinking of trying to sell a live action Ghostbusters TV show to Netflix.

Dan Aykroyd Wants a Live-Action Ghostbusters Netflix Series
I read somewhere about a Ghostbusters project that's sci fi. Been a long time now.and cyberpunk in the far future would be nice.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,386 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
I heard Dan Ackroyd is actually involved in an animated Ghostbusters project on Netflix, but there hasn't been any updates on that recently.
Aykroyd hasn't really been linked to the animated material. People were asking him about Ghostbusters at a con or something and he answered their questions about a hypothetical live action show on Netflix then the Internet sites ran with it and posted ' Aykroyd wants a Netflix show' articles.

Back on June 20, 2016, it was reported that Sony Picture's animation division was planning a television series titled "Ghostbuster: Ecto Force." The show was overseen by Ivan Reitman and Ghost Corps, the division within Sony that oversees everything GB, and was to focus on a new generation of Ghostbusters. It was set in the year 2050. The premise was a team capturing ghosts all around the world with help from local teams. On December 21, 2016, it was rumored there was an 'animated spinoff coming to Netflix soon' but that was never confirmed. On July 23, 2017, during an EMPIRE Podcast, Ivan Reitman mentioned there was a lot of inquiries and interest from television networks about the Ecto Force animated series but at the last second, Ghost Corps put it on hold to focus on releasing the animated movie first (around the 15:23 mark).

And by animated movie, co-directed by Ivan Reitman and Fletcher Moules allegedly and is from the perspective of a ghost in Ghost World then it 'joins' the Ghostbusters' team. And it set to come out around 2019-2020.