GameStop in buyout talks.

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Mar 11, 2005
Ratings
1,541 8
California, USA
adultswim.toonzone.net
Video game retailer GameStop confirmed Tuesday that it is in discussions with third parties for a potential buyout.

This followed a report from Reuters on Monday that New York-based private equity firm Sycamore Partners and possibly others are interested in the company, though GameStop did not mention any interested parties by name. Sycamore holds investments in retailers like Hot Topic and Staples.
Full article.

Mandouga

Jun 27, 2007
Ratings
316 15
Newington, CT, USA
Predictably, the article refers to online shopping and digital games as reasons for Gamestop being in trouble, when most people already know the real reasons: among them, the whole "quality of life" thing* (which they have since changed so that it's only the store as a whole, and now also includes games that are bought new). At any rate, I knew the company was in trouble, and this now confirms it. Whatever happens, though, in the end, Gamestop will only have themselves to blame.

*For a while I boycotted them because of it, but after thinking it over for while, I (very reluctantly) decided to give them another chance.