"Gambit (X-Men)" Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
Ratings
2,137 4
177A Bleecker Street
I wonder what kind of role of Lizzy would be up for. Since Mean Girls, I've only really seen her in roles that were at least a little comedic but I've never watched more serious stuff she's been in like Masters of Sex (that's a serious show, right?).

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
Ratings
2,898 5 1
the point of no return
I wonder what kind of role of Lizzy would be up for. Since Mean Girls, I've only really seen her in roles that were at least a little comedic but I've never watched more serious stuff she's been in like Masters of Sex (that's a serious show, right?).

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk
I think you just nailed why many of us fans are not exactly for a Gambit film especially starring Channing Tatum. Basically, they are not revealing it, but Tatum is mostly coming along as a comedic draw albeit for me kinda scattershot. Not like Mark Wahlberg, but not too far from that idea. So, Gambit may have been originally conceived as an action-adventure. However, with Tatum producing it (who is not a comedic mastermind like Ryan Reynolds), they're forcing this to have comedic tones. Now with Verbinski who was able to get that with Depp, we know what to expect.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Mostezli

Corroborating with EVIL
May 28, 2014
Ratings
625 1
I think you just nailed why many of us fans are not exactly for a Gambit film especially starring Channing Tatum. Basically, they are not revealing it, but Tatum is mostly coming along as a comedic draw albeit for me kinda scattershot. Not like Mark Wahlberg, but not too far from that idea. So, Gambit may have been originally conceived as an action-adventure. However, with Tatum producing it (who is not a comedic mastermind like Ryan Reynolds), they're forcing this to have comedic tones. Now with Verbinski who was able to get that with Depp, we know what to expect.
I know more of what to expect with Lizzy Caplan involved.
As you said, Tatum could be coming at it from a comedic standpoint (Gambit should at least be as quirky as Hawkeye or Green Arrow are typically portrayed), but "scattershot" because he has done more than comedic roles. He wanted to be Snake Eyes. Verbinski has also directed more than Depp-focues action adventure flicks, so I am interested to see what his Gambit pitch is.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,011 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
That would be so random, both because Night Thrasher has nothing to do with Gambit and because we're already getting a Night Thrasher in the upcoming New Warriors show :sweat:.
12/22: He was a fiance of Bella in the comics but that could be a red herring to who this casting call is for.

12/31: Thomas Robinson Harper joins as stunt coordinator. He worked on past MCU movies: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Iron Man 2, and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
May 18, 2006
Ratings
897 1
East Northport
Yeah the Gambit movie that was SUPPOSED to come out in 2016 also had a production date they were supposed to start on as well. Until Production has actually started and we see them DIRECTLY working on this film I still am somewhat hesistant about this one. I'm perfectly fine with being proven wrong and hey if it does start then and the movie goes well great but we've been through this song and dance before so until we get again ACTUAL production, I still have the right to wear my "spectacles" about this movie.

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
Ratings
2,898 5 1
the point of no return
Got about a year before starting to film. I just don't think FOX sees the hand writing on the wall. This is a passion project to Chattum and no one else. With the merger about to come about, there really is no reason for the studio to stick with this.

At this point FOX needs to do like WB DC, and just let go of some of these ideas.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk