Forgotten Cartoons

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by AnimaniacNutso, Apr 6, 2018.

1. AnimaniacNutso

AnimaniacNutso Well-Known Member

What are some cartoons that you feel are forgotten?

For me

Saturday Supercade: It was a collection of various cartoons based on Video Games, including Donkey Kong, Q*Bert, etc.

Taz-Mania: A show about Taz and his family, along with other wacky characters. This one isn't the most forgotten, since some people do remember it, but it isn't as remembered as other WB Comedies from the 90s and I do feel like it's still forgotten. It was a popular show back in it's day

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jonathan Teka

Jonathan Teka Member

*Whatever Happened to... Robot Jones?*: This show aired on Cartoon Network from 2002 to 2003 and was about a robot named Robot Jones who goes to school. His voice actor changed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. jwongle26

jwongle26 New Member

Catscratch. Not only is it forgotten, but it was one of the better Nicktoons of the 2000's.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

Pepper Ann. I think Recess and Disney’s Doug stole its thunder.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

I remember finding all three of those okay but nothing special. They haven't aired Pepper Ann here since 2007 or so. I don't remember most of the Dutch lyrics.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. LinusFan303

LinusFan303 A fan of Linus and Peppermint Patty

Pepper Ann is one of my favorite Disney series.

I think the X's is pretty forgotten , not to help that it didn't last long.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Jimmy Two Shoes was a pretty forgotten show.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. AnimaniacNutso

AnimaniacNutso Well-Known Member

Despite it being on iTunes, Amazon Video, Google Play, and Youtube, as well as airing on The Disney Junior channel when it launched, I think a lot of people tend to forget that there was a 101 Dalmatians cartoon.

9. Zorak Masaki

Zorak Masaki Well-Known Member

The Conan the Barbarian cartoon from the early 90s is pretty much forgotten. I dont think it's aired anywhere since it's original run (aside from a brief run on the hub to cash in on the 2011 film), and even I forgot it existed until I found the series on Hasbro's Roku channel. It's actually a decent little fantasy-adventure show, if you're into that type of thing.

10. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Active Member

Project G.e.e.K.e.R., where Billy West voices a shapeshifting nerd, Cree Summer voices a woman with a cybernetic arm, and Brad Garrett voices a dinosaur in a dystopian cyberpunk world. From the creator of Earthworm Jim. I don't remember whether it was any good or not, but it was certainly unusual in concept.

11. Rabbitearsblog

Rabbitearsblog Well-Known Member

Too many to count, but here are a few examples:

Conan the Adventurer (1990s cartoon): I actually own some of the episodes on DVD, but almost nobody remembers this series and it's barely mentioned in any animation forums, which is a shame because it's such a great series.

The Magic Trolls and the Troll Warriors: It was this short animated series that only had one episode I believe, but it featured the Trolls characters in a more medieval setting and it was from the same creators as Conan the Adventurer. It was pretty entertaining, even though it only had one special.

O'Grady: It was the teen cartoon that came out on the N (alongside other shows like Daria and Degrassi) and it was about these teens going through some weird situations throughout each episode. The animation style is similar to Home Movies and almost no one remembers anything about this show.

Rabbit Ears Productions: Yes, it's an animation company, but it was a company that had celebrities such as Danny Glover, Whoopi Goldberg, Meryl Streep and Robin Williams narrating ancient folktales and fairy tales. The animation was pretty limited, but it was heavily forgotten by most of the audience, probably due to it being sold at limited locations at the time (mostly at schools and libraries).

12. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Here's a few great forgotten cartoons/anime,

My Pet Monster - A great classic comedy series of the 80s with great classic comedy and Monster, Max/Jill, Chuckie, and Beastur were great classic characters.Cool that it's from the creators of Beetlejuice:D.

Bump In The Night - Great enjoyable obscure stop-motion comedy series with great wacky comedy and Mr. Bumpy/Squishington/Molly's great fun adventures.It's forgotten sadly, but the best Saturday morning classic show ever.

Stone Protectors - Awesome classic action series about the rock band the Rock Detectors becoming troll superheroes to save the world from Zok/The Saurians, and Zok, my favorite best classic action series villain.Enjoyed the toy commercials of it way back.

The Adventures of Hyperman - Great funny underrated superhero comedy series based on an educational computer game from CBS with great comedy/action, both Hyperman/Studd Puppy, Emma, Entrobe, and Kidd Chaos, great enjoyable classic characters.It's pretty forgotten though, but love the show.

Channel Umptee-3 - Great classic underrated comedy cartoon from Kids'WB about Ogden, Sheldon, and Holey having great crazy adventures with their fun underground television station and Stickley Rickets, a great funny classic corporate villain:D.

The Weekenders - Such an awesome enjoyable underrated slice-of-life show ever with great fun comedy with Tino, Carver, Tish, and Lor and their great fun weekend moments.My favorite best Disney series ever.

Catscratch - It was great/enjoyable, better than The Fairly Oddparents/SpongeBob SquarePants, the best epic comedy Nicktoon ever of the 2000s.

Ronin Warriors, Samurai Pizza Cats, Monkeymagic, Monster Rancher, Flint the Time Detective, Cardcaptors, The Vision of Escaflowne, Dinozaurs, The Big O, Medabots, Mon Colle Knights, Shinzo, Fighting Foodons, Soul Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Lost Universe, Samurai 7, Paranoia Agent, Gungrave, Tokko, Tokyo Majin, My Bride Is A Mermaid, Dinosaur King, and Bakugan - All of them great underrated anime, a shame they are so unpopular/forgotten.

• Like Like x 1
    #12 Radical, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
  13. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Defenders of the Earth:

Before the idea of connective universes became a thing, this series teamed up Flash Gordon, Mandrake the magician, and The Phantom. It's interesting all have had solo toons and films.

Cadillacs & Dinosaurs:

Comicbook based series which was very short-lived.

Savage Dragon, Spawn, Wild C.A.T.S. all Image comics.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

14. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Barbapapas.

15. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

My mother grew up with that.

It aired on Dutch TV till 2006 and came available on Netflix in 2017.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

All I remember is that it was a show with cute multicolored cartoon blobs. And they had an insanely scary episode of human soldiers destroying the world in a nuclear holocaust. I remember that vividly but I cannot picture any context in which that would be appropriate for this specific type of show.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Well-Known Member

Earthworm Jim. One of the funniest and most underrated cartoons of the 90's IMHO

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. LinusFan303

LinusFan303 A fan of Linus and Peppermint Patty

I used to watch this when Fox Family was around , Kids From Room 402 , definitely think it's been forgotten.

19. Perla Magica

Perla Magica Freeform? What's THAT?!

This, also "Three Friends and Jerry" and "Pecola", these shows were aired on Fox Kids (now Disney XD) in Europe.

20. ShadowBlinky

ShadowBlinky The Evil One

I said it before, and I'll say it again: Jungle Cubs. 'Nuff said.