"Final Space" News & Discussion Thread (spoilers)

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by NeoplanDan, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

It doesn't even remotely remind me of Rick and Morty, which is a good thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan @Septa Southern District

It never was, anyway, I don’t know what the person is even saying

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Awwwww.... But I like Rick & Morty. What's wrong with it? I'd like to hear it from you, as well as why you think this show'll be better than that - only because I want this show to be better, too (even if I do like R&M...).

4. NeoplanDan

I couldn’t care less if it’s like Rick and Morty, ripoff or not, it’s not gonna stop me from trying to watch it since it has that SU feel from the way the trailers portray much of the storyline, so personally I strongly disagree with @Alfafa, since from what he/she said about the series being a ripoff of something that I really don’t mind nor care about it.

5. ToonsJazzLover

ToonsJazzLover Active Member

I hate it when people dismiss a show as a ripoff just because they're similar in tone (and the genre/premise) as another show before it even airs.

Look what happened with Welcome to the Wayne and its ratings. Vailskibum94 and his fans are the ones to blame for not giving it a chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. NeoplanDan

True, it’s exactly the reasons why we can’t have nice things because when we see a few who want to nitpick any show for being too similar to another show, all it does that it brings negativity that stops anyone from trying to enjoy it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Red Arrow :D

I find it depressing* and none of the characters seem to be likable in any way*, they rather function as plot devices. I don't mind other people liking Rick & Morty (at all!), but calling Final Space a "Rick & Morty ripoff" is just so wrong. I feel this show will be different from other adult animation.

*This is true for most adult animation, unfortunately.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. I.R. Shokew

Even if I don't fully agree with you, that was some nice criticism (and you're not wrong about the state of adult animation and why it's so easy to frown upon, neither.) - and thank you for answering me.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. I.R. Shokew

No wonder that show (awesome as it is, IMHO) doesn't have the fanbase it so rightfully deserves for being an actually above average cartoon for Nick... I don't care for that guy's work, anyway, so he's just one more person I want nothing to do with, honestly.

10. NeoplanDan

Another Promo.

11. NeoplanDan

Two more are added

• Like Like x 1
  12. Red Arrow :D

Wait, Conan O'Brien? Didn't see that coming.

13. NeoplanDan

14. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

I liked what I saw, even tho I preferred Tarantula
    it gives me strong Futurama vibes (just like Tarantula gave me King of the Hill vibes)

15. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

Watched he first 2 episodes and I liked it. This show is great. It's like a cross between REGULAR SHOW and STAR WARS.

16. I.R. Shokew

Caught the sneak peek and so far, it's a much better effort than anything in Bravest Warriors S4 has put out; and it's quite above average on its own merits, as well. I definitely recommend giving it a watch when you get a chance.

17. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Time to break some hearts!

These first two episodes were real enjoyable. Gary is dumb as hell, but I love his crazy personality and courage. He sure values friendship and bonds, but I guess being isolated for years with nothing but robots will make you appreciate stuff like that.

I'm liking Avocato, too. It's not every day a guy goes from wanting to kill you to forming a tight bond with you. Wanting to rescue his little boy also nets some sympathy points.

Lord Commander is one fearsome fella. I remember seeing the pilot and he was humorously evil, like an alien version of Ludo from Star vs. the Forces of Evil. The more fearsome LC in the series proper is much better, in my opinion. He's a sadistic little sucka.

On a side note, this is like the fourth time I've seen an animated series where a blond person loses a limb and gains an artificial one. There was Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist, Finn from Adventure Time, and Yang from RWBY. And now we have Gary. Welcome to the club, bud.

Overall, I get the feeling that this will be a fine cartoon. You picked a good one, TBS.

• Like Like x 1
  18. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Drinking my sorrows

Also Ladd Russo from Baccano

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk