Fairly Odd Parents, Season 9 - News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Lord Beckett, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Rouge

Rouge Charming Grandmaster

2. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Here if I feel like it

3. Rouge

Probably not, the girl is most definitely human.

4. alfa9delta

alfa9delta Hey, Where's Perry ?

Seems like a human girl. Interesting, but I hope they won't add yet another character to the main cast. Maybe it's an one-time character and they made a promotional poster just because this famous person is voicing her, I don't know.

5. Rouge

She also looks quite out of place. I mean, pink bow, slightly spiky, white hair? She looks straight out of an anime. Not gonna lie, I'm curious what this is all about.

6. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo
    Staff Member Moderator

I hope it's not a new character. They barley use the characters they already have with Poof being non-existent in recent episodes.

7. Lord Beckett

Lord Beckett Cute and Mean

Absent in the poster too no less. Sparky is gone too, unless the new character is somehow linked to him.

If she's voiced by Cheri Oteri whose just guest starring then its probably a one off thing. If its another love interests, its as pointless as Missy was and dont expect much, if its something like Timmy's cousin or wish-sister (she has some slight stylistic similarities from what little we can see to Timmy, including what I think are brown eyebrows) then it might be an interesting episode, but again, more screentime being stolen from established characters.

I sense another publicity move for the new season. "Hey, we're bringing in this new character!". Announced at SDCC or sometime in the summer, with the full shot of that poster picture. Cue it making the rounds on the internet, animation journalism sites, etc, netizens frothing at the mouth for Hartman making yet another headscratching decision for his cartoon, fan-wars start up if its a love interest, the season premiere with this new character gets a half-way decent rating before it immediately takes a dip after people see its worse than more-of-the-same and further premieres delayed to the next quarter, the cycle repeats itself with entropy until even new premieres after months of advertising get laughable ratings and the show hovers on the brink of cancellation again. Sound familiar? Of course it does. It's the definition of insanity, doomed to repeat themselves over and over. I just hope Nickelodeon was smart enough this time to place a small production order.

8. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

Could be Missy returning for another go
    Alto that may be too much consistency for Hartman to handle

and somehow I feel there's going to be a season 11

9. Rhaynebow

Rhaynebow Well-Known Member

The hair spikes look identical to Timmy's aside from it being a little softer. But the lack of an ear is throwing me off and making me believe it's just a really fluffy dog.

For all we know, it could be Poof in a bonnet!

10. thomas2313412

thomas2313412 Active Member

I think nickelodeon should make season 10 the final season before things get worse for the show and i prefer the metafictional finale i thought of.

11. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

They're NOT gonna use your fanfiction.
    And Nickelodeon has shown very little intelligence so it seems FOP will be doomed to keep suffering.

12. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

I honestly wish someone on FOP would use someone's fanfiction to tell their stories. Sounds a lot better than the ideas they've relied on as of late, IMHO.

13. thomas2313412

True but i wonder if they can be inspired from this for the series finale (if they have one) and i agree that the fop show keeps suffering like this when they long running there should be a law in the entertainment laws that all shows (except talk shows,news,game shows and reality shows) should run for five seasons or five years only.

yeah me too when they read my final idea.

14. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

^
    Nah, some show can keep it up for more than five years, while others can't make it past two as afar as quality goes

15. ShadowBeast

But they aren't gonna check out your fanfics or anyone's fanfictions for that matter, infact I don't think they'd be allowed to use fanfiction just incase the writer wants money for their work's usage.
    A show should go on as long as the creator has ideas for it, And Butcher seems to have wanted to end the series a long time ago which is probably why he isn't even trying anymore.

16. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

I hate to ask this question - why doesn't he, already??? Does he really have no power to end this nightmare and free himself for something better?

17. stephane dumas

stephane dumas Well-Known Member

Which bring us other questions like - did he applied once a proposed series to CN or Disney channel and was refused, which result of being forced to work at Nick to get some bread on the table? Or is he handcuffed by Nick and Butch can't offer his services to the competition?

18. ShadowBeast

Not if Nick keeps ordering more episodes.

Most likely he's under contract.
    Though he could be enjoying all of the money with little effort by now.

19. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

It's even odder when you realize that Tara Strong voices both Timmy and Poof.

20. thomas2313412

Yeah but still i wish should be a really restricting law for that by having shows (except news,talk shows game shows and reality shows) run for five seasons and five years only with a conclusion to save the quality and reputation of the shows and to avoid jumping the shark even though the creator more ideas for the show maybe they can use that for 'other' shows or some spinoffs.

Yeah i know though i wish they would make a similar metafictional one like i did someday

He tried with danny phantom and TUFF puppy but since both shows are 'cancelled' with only fairly oddparents running i guess this is his only option.

Maybe.

True.