[E3 2017]PlayStation E3 Conference

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by River26, Jun 12, 2017.

1. River26

River26 Well-Known Member

Trailers and news.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    #1 River26, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  2. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

Strengths:
    • Sony once again demonstrates that they're among the stronger companies in terms of first-party games with God of War IV and Spider-Man.
    • Managed to show that they do have some exciting stuff coming for PSVR.

Weaknesses:
    • Even with all the news announced in the conference, it still made me feel that Sony could have done more here.
    • Where's the major first-party title to compete against the Xbox One X and Super Mario Odyssey? Unless they were shown, but those watching online didn't see it due to the overkill of audience reaction shots, the "big" titles were either dated for 2018 or were still TBA (although they do have a good console exclusive with Ni No Kuni 2).
    • Not for Sony, but rather for Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite: the trailer all but confirms the leaked line-up, which, in my view, looks disappointing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #2 TnAdct1, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  3. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

Sony's penchant for showing trailers of games years off may have come back to bite them in the eyes of the surprise-hype crowd (myself included, I suppose). With that said, the pacing was excellent, and that Shadow of the Colossus remake was a pleasant surprise.

4. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

Sony was a major disappointment for me this year, especially when compared to last year's conference.
    But maybe that's part of the problem? Sony has their heaviest hitter already out on the shelves, and the games that probably are news worthy aren't ready to be shown off just yet, and just in the earliest stages of development.

Still that doesn't quite excuse everything they did, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy is weeks away, and it wouldn't have been a bad idea to show off some more gameplay.

But I still can't say it was bad exactly, Monster Hunter World looks good as does the Remake for Shadow of the Colossus. God of War looks pretty good if very different from previous games in the franchise, and Spider-Man looks like the Arkham games in the best possible way.

All in all, I felt underwhelmed with Sony this year, but I can't in good conscious say it was bad either.

5. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

N. Sane Trilogy was shown off at the pre-show, I believe.

6. AnotherRandomGuy

I know...which I believe was a mistake and they should've shown it off during the actual conference. But all that is water under the bridge now.

On a side note, there wasn't any Skylanders news. Not sure how to take or feel about that, the last installment didn't do so hot I believe.

7. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

I believe that it's been mentioned some time ago that there's not going to be a new Skylanders game this year.

8. AnotherRandomGuy

Hm. Again I'm not sure how to take that since the last installment didn't do as well as they hoped

But I don't want to jump to any conclusions just yet.