Teen Titans Fan Fiction Dwyr Budr (Teen Titans) (Feedback positively encouraged!)

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Matt A, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Kregor8

Kregor8 Communitas Ex Nihilo

OK, like I said, I've come back for the end.
    This is the best epilogue I've ever read. After a stunning story, I couldn't imagine an epilogue that would add anything. I just assumed you could do it, but didn't imagine what it would be like. This just stunned me. So, he'd been looking for someone to power the reactor for that long. Amazing.
    Later, I'll probably post one of my end-of-story reveiws, but maybe not.
    2 other things. Don't ever say DB2 again. I always think "Dragon Ball Z" whenever I see it. And please, write the sequel but don't call it "Dwyr Budr 2." That would be lame. Besides, I know you wouldn't. And you can put some other mystery search-a-word type thing in that story too! Fun!

Presto Chango,
    7<regor

2. Rae

Rae Insert amusing comment

This is well above awsome!!!

The epilogue could be the best chapter (i'll have to reread them all to confirm that!)

I liked the way you put the epilogue in the past rather than in the future

Very creepy though with Micheal knowing he was going to die and all that...

WTF was my first impression also, shows a lack of vocabulary i think

Rae

3. rrarbecy

rrarbecy I'm Back!

I've been hearing "WTF" a lot. What does it stand for?

4. Rae

Rae Insert amusing comment

WTF stands for (as far as i'm aware) What The F***

Does that help?

Rae

5. Lord Welshi

Lord Welshi I own all I see. Except that

Excellent, absolutely great work. The whole work has been of top standard, great quality throughout with the characters remaining true to themselves, whilst still evolving enough in relation to the events in the story so as to be believable. Great story, good plot, it's all good. The epilogue is great, nice cliffhanger kinda thing going on there. Nicely done. The dumptruck of praise is on it's way to your door.

Lord Welshi

6. rrarbecy

rrarbecy I'm Back!

:ack:oh...:eek: hehehe

7. Raven13

Raven13 Yes please.

OOOOOOO WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well I really never wanted this story to end! No efensse to anyone else but I have ot say that this is THE best story that had ever hit The Worlds Finest. You are the Worlds Finest!!!!! :D Well I love that epoilge or however you spell it, but it was wierd that they had already met 12 years before they actully met and fell in love. O I just take my hat off to you!
    WONDERFUL!!!!! Thsi whole stroy was thought out sooooooooo well and the story line was excelent! Please let the sequal be just as good as the first part!! I love your story and you are an excelent writter. Dude if you write a book I will soo buy it!! Welll wonderful I loved it!!!!:D Awesome story!:D :anime: :)

~ ~ Raven13 ~ ~

8. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

Here's my reply to everyone's praise: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: !!!!!

Seriously though, I never expected my story to be this popular: even with all the love you guys have shown me thus far, you've yet again managed to surprise me. Thanks very much!:D !

As for the epilogue, a "WTF" reaction was very much what I had in mind. I wanted to provide an ending that turned all the previous events upside down, and from the looks of it I suceeded. As for what Michael was really planning, I intend to leave that little cliffhanger until the sequal.

And speaking of which...

"DB2" is just shorthand, 'cause I can't be bothered to write out "Dwyr Budr 2" all the time! No resemblance to Dragon Ball Z or similar was intentioned.:sweat:

I am actually intending on calling the sequal "Dwyr Budr 2", mostly because I can't think of an original title that fits. Maybe in between now and when I write it I can work something out. I've got two other fics that I want to do first, so in all seriously it'll be anything between six months and a year until DB2 gets written. Hopefully you'll be able to wait that long...:sweat:

Whilst I'm at it, I'll give you a very rough outline one the next two fics. The second one is going to be a Teen Titans/Ratchet & Clank-crossover project, which should be nicely bizarre. The first one I can't give away so much on, but all I'll say for now is that Raven37 and ShadowOfAGhost will have a vague idea as to what two of the sub-plots will be, and that if you liked the real-world elements of Dwyr Budr then you're going to love this one. Also, I'm going to call it "Standing Tall Together" - rubbish title, I know, but there is a reason for it - and that provided I get all the research done in time you'll have the first chapter by this time next week.

Once again, thanks for all your support, and I'll see you all in Standing Tall Together!:D :D :D :D :D !

Ta,
    Matt

PS: Yes, I did say "research"...:)
    PPS: I forgot to mention this earlier, but there will be a word/phrase game of some sort in Standing Tall Together. Exact details will be released at that time.

9. ShadowOfAGhost

ShadowOfAGhost Computer Geek

Perhaps this new one will rival that of lord welshie's Titans A.S. in planing? no offense to Lord welshie, but I could easily say that this one rivals Vanishing Act! Perhaps STT will rival TA.S.

:)

10. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

This may be considered hubris, but I'd like to think so. Well, actually, I don't, 'cause me and Welshie are mates (well, duh!) and mates shouldn't compete against each other. But still, I see your point. :) , indeed...

11. Lord Welshi

Lord Welshi I own all I see. Except that

This easily rivals Vanishing Act. Vanishing Act was right back at the beginning of my career here, it set a benchmark, yes, but it was bound to be caught up with sooner or later. This fic is just such a one, it's caught up and passed it, and i don't say that lightly, i take great pride in my work. Well done matt.

Lord Welshi

12. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

:eek: :D! That all I need to say.

Oh, and speaking of ego feeding, if Welshie hasn't checked out Titans: A.S. for a while then he really should...;)

13. DKH

DKH Member

Whoa whoa whoa

The title vaugely looks like the name of Pennslyvania Treasurer R. Budd Dwyer who offed himself on live television with a revolver.

If i'm not the first to point this out then by all means ignore this message.

#313 DKH, Jan 20, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2005
  14. ShadowOfAGhost

Great way to start your tour of World's Finest...speak of a bizarre coincidence in which somebody commited suicide on TV. I can tell you'll be quite the interesting addition to the forum! Welcome!:)

15. DKH

DKH Member

I just had to point that out.

I usually don't some red carpet when i join a forum so....thanks?

16. ShadowOfAGhost

Your welcome, and like I said before, Welcome!

17. Raven13

Raven13 Yes please.

Alright I ahve just one question! Maybe I missed it somewhere, or maybe it means something that I do not know about. ANyway what does Dwry Budr mean? I was just wondering that!:D

~ ~ Raven13 ~ ~

18. ShadowOfAGhost

it's welsh for Dirty Water

19. Raven13

Raven13 Yes please.

Ok thanks for clearing that up for me!:D

~ ~ Raven13 ~ ~

20. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

Oh, do catch up.:p

Welcome to my thread, DKH! No, I've never even heard of Budd Dwyer, but he sounds like an interesting bloke nonetheless.

By the way, here's the million dollar question: what do you think of my story?