"DuckTales" (2017) Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Toon Zone, Feb 25, 2015.

1. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

You know, if I had to choose between Doofus and Bubba, I'd choose Doofus any day
    won't be offended if he's left out tho (as long as Bubba is out too)

I'd definitely like if they keep Gizmoduck
    if they are really going to drop Fenton in favor of Donald, then I at least hope they'd bring in Donald's Papernik identity in some shape or form

2. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

If I had my way, they stick to close to the comic book stories as closely as possible.
    I would drop all the characters created for the original series except Launch Pad.
    Uncle Scrooge, Donald, Huey, Dewey, Louie, Gyro, Gladstone, Daisy and her neices: April, May, and June.
    Also they could use Ludwig Von Drake to launch adventures by giving Scrooge a clue and/or mythical tale.
    Adapt Barks and Rosa stories 1st and maybe in later seasons used some stories from Italy and Denmark.

Alan Young is 95 but he did voice Scrooge in a recent Mickey Mouse cartoon, "Goofy's First Love".

3. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

You're missing the point. We LOVE that Alan Young returns to voice scrooge again but this cartoon will be out in 2017, sure he may have the recording by this year and the next but what guarantee he will be in good condition voicing a character that has alot of lines? He voiced Scrooge on the Mickey Mouse shorts but he only had a few lines which is easy for him.

This new show might involve some action scenes where Young has to forcefully need to give his character some anger, screaming and others that it will give him a hard time, if he was in his late 70s or 80s there's no prob since i feel that age they can handle it but 95.......we already heard Young voiced Scrooge on the Remaster video game and the short and he sounded calmer and less energetic than what he had done before when he voiced Scrooge.

Would be nice however if Alan Young gets a cameo in the new cartoon.

4. Whimsical Crank

Whimsical Crank Sensible to a Slight Degree

King_of_doom is right, a-once-in-a-while appearance (such as in DuckTales: Remastered and that Mickey Mouse short) is one thing, but we're talking of a whole new TV series that could last well into the 2020s. Neither Alan Young nor June Foray may have the energy to be 'regulars' on the new show (especially if it's going to last long), but hey, bigger things have surprised me. That's really the only thing that worries me, I'm definitely excited, but I hope they can find other good voice actors that can replace Young and Foray when need be.

It would be cool if the new DuckTales series would enable an animated adaption of 'Dangerous Currency', or semi-similar to it. It'd be nice to see the Darkwing Duck characters (other than Launchpad of course) animated again, even if once. Unfortunately though, with Christine Cavanaugh gone (although even if still alive, would she really come out of retirement for this?), finding a replacement for Gosalyn's voice will be the real challenge.

5. rajzfilm

rajzfilm Member

This is a golden opportunity to reference the other Disney Afternoon shows, like Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop and Bonkers.
    With some time travel they could even throw in Gummi Bears and TaleSpin.

6. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

Sign.....Darkwing Duck had done that in the comics and the way they shown it was getting annoying where once it was fun to see but later became force. I like to see this show not making reference to any Disney Afternoon shows unless they connected well with Darkwing Duck but not go over the top.

What i like to see of reference is the old comics which makes you wonder if they will consider adapting some of the stories from the comic or start with something new. It can also be both where it's new but borrowing some elements of the comics.

I don't think so even if she still with us i don't think Christine would get involve also feel that Disney want to have different voice actors, i can see they get the original voice actors for a cameo at least but that's it.

There are plenty of actresses who can voice her but the real problem is that they feel comfortable voicing that character and don't feel pressure or being compare to the original voice actors, Alan Young might be hard since his voice is recorded on everyone's minds when you hear Scrooge, that is a real challenge.

7. Eldorado

Eldorado Active Member

It doesn't matter if Alan Young and June Foray reprise their roles or not, what I'm concerned about if Russi Taylor, Chuck McCann, Frank Welker, and Terrence McGovern are still alive to reprise THEIR roles.

8. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

DuckTales getting a reboot series, SUPER AWESOME:D, I hope for Chip 'n' Dale's Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, and Gargoyles to get reboots in the future.

I'll enjoy more fun epic exciting new adventures with awesome duck protagonists Scrooge and Huey/Dewey/Louie along with "saving[​IMG] the world" plots too.I'll enjoy more of the awesome likable supporting characters like Donald Duck(I hope he gets involved more), Duckworth, Mrs. Beakley, Webby(she's so adorable), Mrs. Featherby, Launchpad, Doofus, Gyro, Fenton/Gizmoduck, Mrs. Crackshell, and Gandra Dee in their epic best moments.

I hope the other epic characters Ludwig Von Drake, Gladstone Gander, Ripcord/Birdie/Loopy, Glittering Goldie, Poupon, and Skittles the girl penguin will get more major roles which would be sweet.

I'll enjoy seeing my favorite funny awesome villains Ma Beagle/The Beagle Boys, The Beagle Brats, The Beagle Babes, Magica, Flintheart, Black Pete, El Capitan, Dijon, Fritter O'Way, The Phantom Blot, Dangerous Dan, Feathers Galore, Millionara Vanderbucks, Cinnamon Teal, Robotica, and Merlock in epic reboot style antagonizing Scrooge and friends:D.I always feel sorry for The Beagle Boys, Magica, and Dijon though, hehehe, but I hope Dijon, Feathers, Cinnamon, and Robotica be anti-heroes again.

I hope Daisy Duck, April/May/June, Matilda Duck, and John Rockerduck(another epic major arch-rival) show up too as well.

I hope they do epic DuckTales/Darkwing Duck crossover episodes too.

#68 Radical, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2015
  9. Eldorado

Eldorado Active Member

You know I read on Wikipedia that Alan Young's health is actually failing. I don't think he'll live long enough for the reboot.

10. FidgitStyles

According to this Is the DUCKTALES Cast Returning? | DAF RADIO . NET the band is not getting back together, which really is an insult to those who are still capable for performing these characters. Especially those who are still on Disney's bankroll. What will they do next? Reboot Darkwing Duck without Jim Cummings?

11. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Question answered already.

12. Choppasmith

Choppasmith Member

Unfortunate but not terribly surprising. It's quite understandable imo, hardly insulting. If Young isn't up to it, why not just start fresh? I do hope they can have some va "cameos" somewhere down the line though.

13. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

Russi Taylor and Frank Welker are still active in the business, but Alan Young and June Foray are both in their 90s, while Chuck McCann is 81 and the sad truth is that theiy're probably not long for this world. Why should they be forced to work on a new series in the twilight of their lives just because a few hardcore fans don't like change?

14. Ishtar

Ishtar Active Member

I think it's at least safe to assume that Tony Anselmo will still be Donald Duck. He's been regularly voicing Donald for Disney for so long, and I doubt they'd randomly replace him now.

15. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

Chris Diamantopoulos as Mickey Mouse suggests it could happen.

16. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

It's the nature of the business folks. Keep in mind that the series originally debuted in 1987 and has been off the air since 1990. Think about that. That's over 25 years. That's a whole lifetime the show has been away.

TMNT has seen several animated reboots, all of which had entirely new voice-over casts.

If Darkwing Duck were ever to make a hypothetical return, would it be disappointing if someone other than Jim Cummings voiced that character? Yes. But I mean...the fact is that actors cannot voice their classic and iconic characters forever. And with any luck, certain characters will live even beyond us. Walt Disney couldn't always voice Mickey Mouse. Eventually, someone else had to take over.

17. ShadowBlinky

ShadowBlinky Flying Cutlery!!

Rob Paulsen says hi (though to be fair, he is voicing a different turtle).

18. TheGreatOne2

TheGreatOne2 Active Member

If Andrea Romano gets the job of voice casting/directing the new Ducktales just like what she did in the 80's Ducktales series. She should be able to get the most of the original cast back like Russi Taylor, Terrence McGovern etc, I highly doubt they will replace Russi Taylor since she is a Disney Legend

19. Ishtar

Ishtar Active Member

I imagine that the decision to replace the cast came from the higher ups. Disney has an entire department called Disney Character Voices, and they're the ones that make decisions and keep track of all the Disney voices. Andrea Romano or another voice director would most likely have to comply with whatever decision Disney Character Voices decides.

20. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

Also, the Nickelodeon TMNT series was only the 2nd time after the 1987 syndicated series in which one of the '87 voice cast was involved. There have been several TMNT TV series and movies with completely different voice casts made between then and now.

The Vile One is correct. The original DuckTales has been off the air for 25 years. We can't and shouldn't expect the entire original voice cast to return for the 2017 remake just because nostalgia demands it. It's simply not possible. If some voice actors end up being replaced, we'll just have to accept it. Kids who are too young to have watched the original series won't have any nostalgic fondness for the original VAs and therefore won't care.