• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Radical Edward

Feb 3, 2018
Ratings
1,057 6
Cartoon Network has partnered with HowStuffWorks to create new podcast that will look at how cartoons are made.

Drawn: The Story of Animation, which launched on May 1, is hosted by Holly Frey from the podcast Stuff You Missed in History Class.

Yes, it's that podcast whose introduction was...not very well-received for (((certain))) reasons. The first episode features a bunch of guests, among whom are Rebecca Sugar (creator of Steven Universe), Seth Green and Matthew Senreich (co-creators of Robot Chicken), Mike Lazzo (Executive Vice President at Adult Swim), Michael Ouweleen (Chief Marketing Officer at Cartoon Network), etc.

Just a little two cents, I think this is a great podcast that will appease those interested in animation or wanting to work in the industry and I recommend you give it a listen. You can stream the first episode now for free on iTunes.

Last edited:

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Sep 3, 2013
Ratings
2,879 41
It's a real shame that a podcast as interesting sounding as this got such a bad first impression.

Cartoon Network really does have the best of intentions. It's just that there is a clear disconnect between certain departments.

Radical Edward

Feb 3, 2018
Ratings
1,057 6
It's a real shame that a podcast as interesting sounding as this got such a bad first impression.

Cartoon Network really does have the best of intentions. It's just that there is a clear disconnect between certain departments.
A shame indeed. As bad as the SU situation is, I do hope fans can look past it and give this podcast a shot, because I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode and find the overall concept very enticing.

May 2, 2018
Ratings
I saw the infamous episode they uploaded and it felt pretty nice to see Sugarr and Jones-Quartey talk about their shows. I like how Ian highlighted how the lines look like in OKKO. It's something I really dig about the show (also his voice is pretty awesome)

Radical Edward

Feb 3, 2018
Ratings
1,057 6
I know this is way overdue but a new episode is up on iTunes (it has been since Tuesday), this time about the early days of animation. Here's the description.
While some technology has changed over the years, in many ways, the path from an idea to a finished cartoon has remained the same. How does a cartoon come to life, and what does the future hold for animation?