Drawn: The Story of Animation

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Rad's Kittens, May 2, 2018.

1. Rad's Kittens

Rad's Kittens Well-Known Member

Cartoon Network has partnered with HowStuffWorks to create new podcast that will look at how cartoons are made.

Drawn: The Story of Animation, which launched on May 1, is hosted by Holly Frey from the podcast Stuff You Missed in History Class.

Yes, it's that podcast whose introduction was...not very well-received for (((certain))) reasons. The first episode features a bunch of guests, among whom are Rebecca Sugar (creator of Steven Universe), Seth Green and Matthew Senreich (co-creators of Robot Chicken), Mike Lazzo (Executive Vice President at Adult Swim), Michael Ouweleen (Chief Marketing Officer at Cartoon Network), etc.

Just a little two cents, I think this is a great podcast that will appease those interested in animation or wanting to work in the industry and I recommend you give it a listen. You can stream the first episode now for free on iTunes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #1 Rad's Kittens, May 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
  2. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

It's a real shame that a podcast as interesting sounding as this got such a bad first impression.

Cartoon Network really does have the best of intentions. It's just that there is a clear disconnect between certain departments.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Rad's Kittens

A shame indeed. As bad as the SU situation is, I do hope fans can look past it and give this podcast a shot, because I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode and find the overall concept very enticing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SuperFan2024

SuperFan2024 Shoo fly.

Mind giving me some context on what issue occurred for both this podcast, as well as for SU please?

5. Rad's Kittens

Let's just say that CN did something really bad that may or may not severely affect your enjoyment of SU. I'll refer you to the Steven Universe thread for more context because I'd rather not discuss it here.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GustlyWind

GustlyWind Member

I saw the infamous episode they uploaded and it felt pretty nice to see Sugarr and Jones-Quartey talk about their shows. I like how Ian highlighted how the lines look like in OKKO. It's something I really dig about the show (also his voice is pretty awesome)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rad's Kittens

I know this is way overdue but a new episode is up on iTunes (it has been since Tuesday), this time about the early days of animation. Here's the description.

8. Commander Beeper

Commander Beeper Watchdog

Something called "Drawn: A History of Animation" just got indexed on Boomerang's digital service. Could be related to the podcast.

9. Rad's Kittens

New episode is up on iTunes. Here's an excerpt.

10. Commander Beeper

Commander Beeper Watchdog

Boomerang also added a new playlist of Bugs Bunny cartoons to tie into this episode.