Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z in Syndication (1995-1998)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Arian

Dec 29, 2015
Ratings
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm wondering if anybody here watched or better yet taped either show when it was in syndication.

Do you remember things such as the 3-part version of Tree of Might or any of the silly bumpers?

I'd love to hear from you.

wonderfly

Shaking things up a bit
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2002
Ratings
834 14
Springfield, MO
It aired weekly (on Saturday or Sunday mornings) back during those years. I caught a couple of episodes a couple weeks in a row back in 1997 ( it was part of the fight between Goku and Vegeta). The timeslot wasn't the best so I didn't get to watch the whole thing until I started buying them on VHS in 1998.

I could tell it could be something special, it just needed a proper timeslot and a channel that could build on it. Cartoon Network solved that in 1998.

SpaceCowboy

Mar 2, 2002
Ratings
87 2
USA
Visit site
This is how I was first introduced to Dragon Ball Z in 1996. It used to come on Sunday mornings at 9 in my area. I don't remember The Tree of Might movie airing. Unlike the Toonami airings, the show ended with a Saban logo like this one: Saban Ent. logo.

Dragon Ball had aired a year earlier, but I didn't know it until I accidently came across it in an old TV Guide from 1995. The station had buried it at 5 in the morning on Saturdays where probably no one was watching it.

Last edited: