Does or has anyone ever collect Black and White WB cartoons?

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

May 9, 2015
Ratings
11 1
I seen the VHS Recording I have of "Porky's Cafe" and the opening intro was the 1956-57 opening rings from a cartoon, such as, "Deduce, You Say?"
Quoting from an earlier post by J Lee, he said this "If you think the closing to the redrawn "The Village Smithy" was weird, you should have seen the original opening they gave it.

Instead of the WB shield zooming towards the camera, the redrawn opened with an extreme close-up of the middle of the W-B logo which they deliberately photographed out of focus! the camera then pulled back and brought the logo into focus, with the 'Vitapone' and 'presents' wording already in place. The opening music was clipped on the cartoon and didn't begin until after the W-B shield receeded into place.

This opening was only seen on the syndication package. When the cartoon was shipped to Nick, they never put the fake 1956 title card opening on it, but out-of-focus part was cut off and the image faded in at the point where the clipped opening music began (the logo's colors were the newer blue-and-gold design Warners began using in the early 40s and continues to use to this day instead of the red-and-white logo the cartoonstraditionally have had)."

DVDLooney

Feb 3, 2014
Ratings
211 4
Quoting from an earlier post by J Lee, he said this "If you think the closing to the redrawn "The Village Smithy" was weird, you should have seen the original opening they gave it.

Instead of the WB shield zooming towards the camera, the redrawn opened with an extreme close-up of the middle of the W-B logo which they deliberately photographed out of focus! the camera then pulled back and brought the logo into focus, with the 'Vitapone' and 'presents' wording already in place. The opening music was clipped on the cartoon and didn't begin until after the W-B shield receeded into place.

This opening was only seen on the syndication package. When the cartoon was shipped to Nick, they never put the fake 1956 title card opening on it, but out-of-focus part was cut off and the image faded in at the point where the clipped opening music began (the logo's colors were the newer blue-and-gold design Warners began using in the early 40s and continues to use to this day instead of the red-and-white logo the cartoonstraditionally have had)."
Yep. I'll definitely have to look into that.

Cool_Cat

Mar 20, 2015
Ratings
538 8
Italy
Rai 2 aired both the original and the redrawn version of Chicken Jitters. Same happened with A Coy Decoy, Daffy's Southern Exposure and The Impatient Patient.

The B&W print had the dub credits which means they used the B&W ones for the dubs.

DVDLooney

Feb 3, 2014
Ratings
211 4
Rai 2 aired both the original and the redrawn version of Chicken Jitters. Same happened with A Coy Decoy, Daffy's Southern Exposure and The Impatient Patient.

The B&W print had the dub credits which means they used the B&W ones for the dubs.
I never seen the B&W print of A Coy Decoy. I wish I watched it when it aired on Rai 2.

Cool_Cat

Mar 20, 2015
Ratings
538 8
Italy
I'm not sure if it's just the dubbed track doing that. It also happened Fish Tales had the track from Rover's Rival at the beginning.

Rai 2 started replacing B&W prints with colorized prints in late 2005-ish. They put the dub audio over the colored ones, because all of the Italian dubs were done on the B&W prints, except the Harman Ising Merrie Melodies.

Sadly, I never got the chance to record A Coy Decoy in B&W. Boomerang added the B&W shorts colorized in their database in 2005, and all the redrawns were the same as Rai 2, which makes me think WB sent those audio mixes.

NewBogus :)

Plastic Duck Saves the World
Sep 6, 2013
Ratings
589 9
CE_PL
cnboompoland.blogspot.com
I'm not sure if it's just the dubbed track doing that. It also happened Fish Tales had the track from Rover's Rival at the beginning.

Rai 2 started replacing B&W prints with colorized prints in late 2005-ish. They put the dub audio over the colored ones, because all of the Italian dubs were done on the B&W prints, except the Harman Ising Merrie Melodies.

Sadly, I never got the chance to record A Coy Decoy in B&W. Boomerang added the B&W shorts colorized in their database in 2005, and all the redrawns were the same as Rai 2, which makes me think WB sent those audio mixes.
Right, because there is a Dubbed track used in that cartoon. I hear "Lights Fantastic" ending music cue at the final scene with Daffy on his Southern Exposure.

DVDLooney

Feb 3, 2014
Ratings
211 4
A computer colorized version of Chicken Jitters exists, but I've never seen it.

I'd really like to have an high quality B&W version of A Coy Decoy.
I've never seen a B&W version of A Coy Decoy nor a Colorized One. I've only seen an awful looking Chestnut logo version of this cartoon as well as a redrawn version online.

Cool_Cat

Mar 20, 2015
Ratings
538 8
Italy
I saw the computer colorized version of The Impatient Patient on an old CN rip, as far as I know it's also on a VHS (I can't view it because my VCR is PAL only).

Anyway, I have some B&W shorts released on Laserdisc. They look really good.

WB has absolutely zero interest in releasing shorts. They could put AT LEAST the existing prints of all the shorts in the Warner Archive, so people wouldn't have to "violate copyright" to watch some of these classics.

DVDLooney

Feb 3, 2014
Ratings
211 4
I saw the computer colorized version of The Impatient Patient on an old CN rip, as far as I know it's also on a VHS (I can't view it because my VCR is PAL only).

Anyway, I have some B&W shorts released on Laserdisc. They look really good.

WB has absolutely zero interest in releasing shorts. They could put AT LEAST the existing prints of all the shorts in the Warner Archive, so people wouldn't have to "violate copyright" to watch some of these classics.
Agreed.

DVDLooney

Feb 3, 2014
Ratings
211 4
NewBogus posted The Black and White print of Porky's Prize Pony on Dailymotion:
Devon Baxter from Dailymotion also posted The Original B&W Print of The Henpecked Duck as well: