Do you make lists? (f.i. of cartoons you like etc.)

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by Red Arrow :D, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

Do you make lists of certain things? Do you use special websites for them? Do you find it odd if someone has an insane amount of lists?

I personally keep up with:
    -two lists of cartoons I like: one for the cartoons I am currently following and the ones I have seen entirely already, and another list for the other fun cartoons (the ones I shouldn't forget to watch in the future, mostly older cartoons)
    -a list of Spirou albums, with the ones I have read already bolded
    -a list of films I still want to see sometime (about 10 in total, not a huge film fan)
    -a list of Wildest ... episodes with the ones I have seen already bolded
    -a list of Swedish words I encounter that look like English words but not like Dutch or French words xD

I don't know if this can turn into a proper topic but we'll see.

Don't turn this into a list thread, eh :D

#1 Red Arrow :D, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  2. Astroboy6969

Astroboy6969 Insert a $3 bill to continue.

I sometimes make lists for movies I want to see. I also put down premieres of episodes of shows I like.

3. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

I make lists of video game character rosters.

4. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

I've made lists of "what shows I want to watch each night", dividing up each night into different themes/genres. It's kind of a "build your own TV channel" idea, mostly composed of stuff available to me from Netflix/Hulu.

Monday night: "Sci-fi Monday" - (shows I've been watching: "The Twilight Zone", "Quantum Leap", "12 Monkeys")
    Tuesday night: "Tuesday Fantasy/Horror Festival" - (shows I've been watching include "He-Man", "Supernatural", "The Walking Dead")
    Wednesday night: "Action Wednesday" - (shows I've been watching include "Person of Interest", "Designated Survivor", "The Last Ship")
    Thursday night: "Comedy Thursday" - (shows I've been watching include "Mystery Science Theater 3000", "Futurama", "Dexter's Lab")
    Friday night: "Animation Friday" - (shows I've been watching include "Steven Universe", "The Real Ghostbusters", "Aqua Teen Hunger Force", "Trollhunters")
    Saturday: "Retro Saturday" - (shows I've been watching include "Star Trek", "Lost in Space", "Smurfs")
    Sunday: "Superhero Sunday" - (shows I've been watching include "Agents of SHIELD", "Powers", "Sailor Moon").

I know I'll never have time to watch everything I want to consistently like this, but it's fun to imagine. That list is mostly (overall) "retro" stuff, this doesn't include contemporary shows I watch with my wife (like "Fresh off the Boat", "Sleepy Hollow", "Once Upon a Time", "The Goldbergs") or with the kids ("America's Funniest Home Videos", or "American Ninja Warrior"). So yeah, not enough time to watch everything I want to watch. :)

#4 wonderfly, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  5. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I used to make lists a lot more, but now not so much. Currently I am trying to make a complete list of hosts for Cartoon Cartoon Friday's by piecing together stuff I've seen on You Tube. I already have all of 2002 and 2003 that I had made as CCF aired. Just 2000 and 2001 to do.

6. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

I've made lists of things, and they generally involve aspects of shows I watch. My mother knows about it, and she thought it might be a sign of me being on the spectrum, or even having obsessive compulsive disorder. I've seen a lot of web sites with the same material. So I didn't think it was a big deal. I don't make any web sites myself, but I thought other people did so to be helpful to others. I just like making my own personal notes that I'll always have access to.