Do you guys think CN and [as] should merge?

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Lazer Eli

let me bore you
Oct 28, 2015
Ratings
your closet
www.youtube.com
I don't really mean as in mixing the shows around day and night, but maybe something like using the CN name (but with different branding of course) during Adult Swim shows. Either just as a screen bug or using the CN logo on [as] bumps like before 2004.

What do you all think?

LinusFan303

A fan of Charlie Brown and Linus
Mar 26, 2018
Ratings
741 5
Colorado
Like Teletoon at Night?

But no, honestly the Adult Swim name built up a lot of equity and gives people what they expect when they hear of Adult Swim. Putting Cartoon Network on that part muddies everything for both CN and the Adult Swim part.

Mar 22, 2018
Ratings
Not a good idea. The reason CN and AS separated in 2005 is because they could air TV-MA shows, and it would be odd seeing such a kid-friendly logo on an airing of Rick and Morty or Robot Chicken.

Even when Adult Swim was just considered a programming block on Cartoon Network, it had a separate website rather than having its content featured on CN's site.

moose_tracks12

Feb 24, 2016
Ratings
377 19
Sadly, I don't think that would be the safest thing for CN to do since CN and AS have two very separate age demographics, but I understand how you would like to see that happen. Toonami on Cartoon Network actually kind of did that at some points until about late 2008, not combining the blocks per say, but promoting Adult Swim through Toonami. This was done specifically through their "Up Next" bumpers.

After the 10:30pm show's last commercial break during Toonami on Cartoon Network, the Toonami "Up Next" bumpers would show Futurama and other Adult Swim shows on the way at 11:00pm right afterwards.

Here are some of those Toonami bumpers from 2004 and 2007 promoting Adult Swim programs:

2004:
2007 & 2008:

Dusty

Superman.
Nov 15, 2003
Ratings
Metropolis, Earth,
kal-dusty.deviantart.com
I don't really mean as in mixing the shows around day and night, but maybe something like using the CN name (but with different branding of course) during Adult Swim shows. Either just as a screen bug or using the CN logo on [as] bumps like before 2004.

What do you all think?

I’d prefer AS get what Boomerang has (its own channel) and then instead, merge Boomerang with CN. I’d love non-stop 24/7 new and classic cartoons. I don’t like the idea of Adult stuff mixed with family cartoons.

Kallum.