Disney Channel around the world - A comparison

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Checkerboard, Jul 3, 2010.

1. SpottyBlue

SpottyBlue Active Member

Disney XD US promo of Bad Lip Reading: Descendants on Mickey's birthday (18/11), right after the re-run marathon of Mickey Mouse shorts:

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. animegamer

animegamer The one and only BEAN

3. animegamer

How to celebrate Mickey’s birthday? By playing Doraemon all day of course!

[​IMG]

4. TheDetective

TheDetective Active Member

Apparently only DC Asia Singapore page shows schedule for Nov 24th, and Andi Mack IS REALLY THERE (the Malaysia and Philippines ones don't show the schedule) dc sing.PNG
    I really don't understand this.

5. animegamer

Well the SG feed does get more live action programming, but at the same time this could be due to the storyline.

I just checked Truevisions and it's showing Andi Mack. It's weird. My best guess is that Andi Mack was originally planned but got cancelled due to the storyline and instead decided to show Bizaardvark instead. The schedule probably hasn't been updated yet and not to mention the Bizaardvark promo showed the JKT/THAI and MAL/PHIL timings.

#12225 animegamer, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  6. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

The DC PT way is ignoring the classic shorts and let Disney Junior play Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Mickey and the Roadster Racers instead.

7. animegamer

At the moment ppl can be convinced “Disney XD Tamil” is the Asian feed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I’m seeing some linking between Indian and Asian schedules. When Best of Luck Nikki airs on Friday it’s the sitcom hour on DC SEA showing Raven’s Home. Boboiboy airs on Hungama right after DC Asia telecast and the Mickey movie tomorrow is airing on both feeds but at different times.

Just one of those things you feel that can happen when both divisions are merged into one

8. RandomMe

I hope that they don't spam Doraemon quite a lot.

If DC SEA aired Doraemon, it would have its own English dub just like Ninja Hattori.

9. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

Malaysia is a muslim country so they get something else. The Philippines apparantly chose to follow the Malay schedule.

10. RandomMe

Singapore is more of a mixed country, about a third of the country practices Buddhism. I think that Singapore has more freedoms because of the country's cultural situation.

11. animegamer

DC Asia outside of Singapore (most likely) will be getting Bizaardvark Season 2 instead. DC Singapore I guess has modified promos like the DXD Malaysian feed.

12. Ryan

Ryan Well known for talking about Canada.

13. animegamer

Disney Junior India to air Mickey Mouse Clubhouse tomorrow whole day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. alonsosaca98

alonsosaca98 Animation Variation

Don't forget about Indonesia which is also a Muslim country.
    I don't understand the logic about the Philippine feed. They're not so religious conservative when dealing with TV content (they're in the same situation as Latin America); however, they just simulcast the exact same SEA feed aimed towards Indonesia, with Muslim-centred censors.
    The Philippines need a proper feed which needs to go according to laicist-Catholic standards and not Muslim ones

15. Red Arrow :D

Christian doesn't mean open towards homosexuality per se. Look at Kenia or Poland.

Is one of the languages on DC Malaysia/Indonesia/etc. also spoken in the Philipinnes?

16. alonsosaca98

That's right, Christianity isn't open about that topic; that's why I said the Philippines is in the same situation as Latin America when dealing with TV content — not conservative religious about that. Disney Latin America has censored couple of gay moments from their shows; i.e "Just Friends" from Star vs., the lesbian couple episode from Good Luck Charlie that aired months after the series finale over here, some scenes on Andi Mack are being censored and even the Spanish-dubbed dialogue has been altered in order not to hint any gay-related stuff.

Eastern European countries retain their conservatism, it's not limited to just Poland but to the entire region, including Greece.

DC Malaysia and DC Indonesia aren't separate feeds. They form part of DC SEA as one sole feed, and the channel shown in the Philippines is just a subfeed from DC SEA created for airing local ads; that's it. The DC SEA feed is still subject to Muslim regulations from Malaysia and Indonesia, which affects directly to the Philippines, a Catholic nation, that follows the same TV regulations as Latin American countries, said above. That's why I emphasise on them to get a proper autonomous feed like Singapore has with DC and DXD, to avoid those pointless censors and get live-action programming, banned from the main feed.

And, I think you're confusing the DC feeds separation between Malaysia and Indonesia with the DXD SEA organisation. DC over there isn't divided between Malaysia or Indonesia, however Disney XD is, as MYL received their own feed when the DXD first launched over there.

And, just saying, Disney can strip audio tracks from their main SEA channels and left the English track just for the Philippines, which is happening right about now. Even in Europe that stuff happens with TV providers.

17. animegamer

Why are the feeds on satellite called just DC-SEA with multiple entries? That caused Bengal to mess up and give the PH feed without knowing.

18. alonsosaca98

@animegamer what do you mean by entries? show a pic if you can

19. Red Arrow :D

@alonsosaca98
    I understand what you are trying to say, but just a few remarks:
    -People tend to be more conservative when it comes to kids television. Just because the Philippines and Latin America are alike, doesn't mean norms for kids tv are the same in both countries. The Philippines sometimes gets different shows from the main SEA feed, but Disney Philippines apparantly didn't want to take the risk with Andy Mack. It is also possible that Disney Philippines just doesn't think the censors are a big deal. I don't know.
    -Not all Eastern European countries are like Poland or Greece. Just look at Czech Republic or Estonia. Both countries are very atheistic. Romania also has lots of atheists. Hungary is as religious as Belgium, I'd say.
    -I assume DC SEA is like how CN Europe/Africa used to be. It is mostly the same, but some regions get a few different shows.
    -They can make a Spanish dub with altered dialogue but they won't bother making an altered English version, I think.

20. TheDetective

TheDetective Active Member

I know this has been brought up but DC Malay and probably SEA will have Bizaardvark instead
    dc my.PNG

Why can't the Muslim countries have their own feed? Just don't drag the rest of the SEA with them.