Did Porky 101 Sell Well Enough to Get More Classic Cartoon DVDs?

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by DetectiveFork, Mar 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork New Member

Has anyone revealed if WB sold enough copies of Porky 101 to greenlight more classic releases? After hearing that classic animation on DVD was dead, Poky 101 was a nice surprise and I hope we get more. I'd certainly love to be able to get all the unreleased Bugs and Daffy cartoons on disc, for example.

2. Chocolate Fizzles

Chocolate Fizzles The Daffiest Duck

I wanted to buy the DVD and I might get it on Monday or Tuesday, which I'm excited about. I would love to see a Daffy Duck 101.

3. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

I would also like Daffy 101. There are exactly 101 Daffy shorts from the Golden age (1937-1965) if you exclude the rather boring Speedy Gonzales shorts.

#3 Red Arrow :D, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  4. DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork New Member

I had no idea Daffy had exactly 101 classic shorts! That's serendipity, WB!

I certainly don't mind buying a lot of double-dipped cartoons if they release all the others we don't have with them.

Fizzles, I'm really happy with Porky 101. Sure, there are some glitches, but nothing that really bothers me. It's just great to have all of those cartoons, in good condition, in one place, and be able watch them in sequential order. I adore the Golden Collections, but I hope we can get some more comprehensive releases like Porky 101 out of WB before they give up these projects altogether.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Classic Speedy

Classic Speedy Captain
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

They haven't released sales figures for obvious reasons, but Jerry Beck revealed on the latest Stu's Show that, yes, Porky Pig 101 finally got enough sales to reach the threshold that WB needed to justify more releases. No further Warner Archive cartoon releases have been announced yet, though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork New Member

That's awesome news!!!! It's nice to have some hope for future releases. A new classic cartoon DVD make me ridiculously happy. lol