"Deadpool" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,145 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Totally. These characters are malleable which is great in my opinion! One of the only Marvel characters I don't usually like seeing in more adult projects is Spider-Man. He usually doesn't fit for me.
I'm actually the complete opposite. I honestly wish they would do more adult projects with Spider-Man :).

But different opinions and all that ;).

spyke

Feb 11, 2002
Ratings
414 1 1
Visit site
Well, I think people are open to different interpretations of characters. We've seen versions of Wolverine that fit in various age ranges from The Super Hero Squad Show to Logan. His first comic appearance was pretty all-ages, yet there was a huge fan demand for a more violent portrayal on screen before Logan came out.

In terms of Deadpool, does that mean he shouldn't be in all-ages projects like Lego Marvel Super Heroes and Ultimate Spider-Man if he's usually deemed a more adult character?
Here's the hard honest truth that most fans (especially SELFISH ADULT fans) don't want to admit. There is nothing inherently "adult" about characters like Wolverine and Deadpool. Sure a writer can write a story featuring them that contains profanity,sex,nudity,and blood and gore that would earn said story a "MATURE" rating. However, they could tell that exact same story minus the R rated content and still get their point across. Often times, those same fans who demand a more uncensored violent portrayal of Wolverine and DP are the same fans who want to know (and see depicted) the sex lives of their favorite superheroes. Characters like Wolverine and DP can be (and have been) shown being violent and killing lots of people in an all ages manner in the past for many years and the books sold much better back when they were suitable for all ages.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,589 6
A Valid Location

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,145 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Not surprised to see Glover bringing in some of the crew from Altanta to work on this show...even if working on a Superhero cartoon is probably a lot different from a live-action comedy-drama :sweat:.

Although maybe they're more similar then I give them credit for :p?

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
Ratings
2,257 4
177A Bleecker Street
I still haven't seen Atlanta but I've wanted to all year, especially after all of the praise that it got. I wasn't sure what Donald Glover was doing when he left Community to work on it but it seems to have paid off in a big way. I hope whatever they're doing right with that will rub off on this series.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk