"Deadpool 2" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,012 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,915 45
Sherman Oaks CA

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,012 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
8/22: Eddie Marsan has a role.

8/24: Another set video surfaced. Cable and Domino chase down a heavily armored truck, and Deadpool arrives on his red Vespa. It seems the heroes are attempting to rescue one or more captive mutants, as Julian Dennison's character is wearing a yellow jumpsuit/inhibitor collar combo.

Hmm, wonder if it's continuing that subplot of mutants for sale from the first movie.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,915 45
Sherman Oaks CA

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,012 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
The MRD always seemed like a sensible addition to the franchise so I'm not surprised to see them turn-up, though I'm curious to see if we'll ever see them in a mainline X-Men movie...
Probably not since they're content with keeping them in the past in 'period pieces'. Not sure about New Mutants. It's a little weird that Deadpool is currently the 'present' movie in the canon, isn't it? lol.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,012 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com

TheLemsterPju

Jan 17, 2015
Ratings
1,442 10
Probably not since they're content with keeping them in the past in 'period pieces'. Not sure about New Mutants. It's a little weird that Deadpool is currently the 'present' movie in the canon, isn't it? lol.
The way I see it, it's more than two timelines.

Timeline 1: The original X-Men trilogy, Wolverine Origins, The Wolverine, First Class and unaltered elements of DoFP.

Timeline 2: First Class, altered events for DoFP, Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix and Logan.

Timeline 3
: The Gifted television series; a timeline where the X-Men disappeared in the late 90s and the events of Logan never happened.

Timeline 4: Deadpool 1 & 2 , New Mutants, Gambit (and potentially Legion); the "creative liberties" timeline. Stories set in present day (TBA for Gambit), Characters' ages and physical appearance are much different depending on how the creator wishes to portray certain characters (as opposed to Gambit and Deadpool being 70 year old men by 2018 courtesy of Origins), and mutants are fairly unaffected by events from previous decades in the first three timelines.

I think it's FOX's way of falling back on any of last three timelines in case relations with Marvel strengthen or worsen. (Deadpool and Legion could easily be retconned into the MCU; post-Infinity War.)

Status
Not open for further replies.