"Deadpool 2" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,318 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
But this has nothing to do with the MCU.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk
I include everything here unfortunately. I proposed a X-verse thread but there wasn't interest from the others in the staff. I probably start it later this week anyway.

Mod Note: "Deadpool 2" content moved to its own discussion thread.

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
Ratings
2,957 5 1
the point of no return
With modest budget of 50 million, Deadpool really doesn't need to make huge blockbuster numbers in order to ensure the sequel.
Alot of reports say it's more like $58 production budget. With that number and the excellent (yet quite possibly) expensive marketing costs, it would need to be at least a hundred million. Somehow I think it will get about $250 million worldwide when it's over.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Gold Guy

Ride On
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
Ratings
2,644 6
New York City
I'm hearing that it's set to make around 70 mil opening weekend, so if it has strong legs, that should definitely guarantee a sequel.

Personally, for a sequel, literally all I ask for is Cable - but Domino would be nice too.

RoryWilliams

Sep 19, 2010
Ratings
The Tardis
The writers later clarified that it's really unlikely it'll take FF2's slot. That movie definitely isn't happening, but the release date is still only a year away. It's not a good idea to write, cast, shoot and post-produce a superhero movie in only a year's span of time.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,318 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Fox must be really good to hide the fact they cancelled their own film. It is no longer on schedule for June 19, 2017. I think they replaced it with Kingsman 2.
Yeah, Kingsmen 2 is around there - June 16 though I think. But like the writers said, summer 2017 is too soon. 2017 is going to be Gambit and the sequel to The Wolverine, I believe.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
May 18, 2006
Ratings
920 1
East Northport
originally posted by hobbyfan
No guarantee Deadpool will be #1 this weekend, so Fox is again putting the cart before the horse.
I... don't see how Deadpool wouldn't be number one. What's there to compete against it? Zoolander 2 has gotten NO promtion or buzz whatsoever in the last few months at all and all reviews are being pretty critical about it. And outisde of Pitch Perfect, Rebel Wilson hasn't exactly proven to be a successful draw. Ditto for Dakota Johnson who yeah ruled last year but... How To Be Single doesn't have a Twilight fanction turned world wide success book series behind it to back it and Deadpool's getting an incredible load of promotion all over the board.

So again I see this being more officially confirmed when we see how it opens. And having seen the movie

Yeah Deadpool hints the next one will indeed have Cable in it but they have no casting ideas yet though Deadpool does over a few of his own choices for certain roles

RoryWilliams

Sep 19, 2010
Ratings
The Tardis

Mostezli

Corroborating with EVIL
May 28, 2014
Ratings
634 1
Unless the movie has a massive, apocalyptic drop-off next weekend, then this sequel is all but assured.
The movie could stop making money at this very second and its sequel would still be assured.
Not just because it broke records, but because Kingsman 2 (slightly budgeted higher yet lower gross) is still slated.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
May 18, 2006
Ratings
920 1
East Northport
originally posted by Yojimbo
The latest rumor is Domino will appear. But in this case it's sort of a rumor
Yeah, the sort of rumor that has the official wiki of her character saying she will... which means the "if we remember they put this down we can prove yet another inaccuracy of wiki or them reporting on something immiedatley even in early rumor phase turning out to be true" kind of rumor. :)

originally posted by Mostezli
The movie could stop making money at this very second and its sequel would still be assured.
Well to be fair hobby and Rory were talking about the figures BEFORE Deadpool's first weekend box office info was offiically stated. Since honestly I don't think anyone was predicting it to be that high. Heck even I thought just like 100 million might of been too much let alone 132. So yeah pretty obvious it is getting a sequel and FOX was right to call it out right before. Unlike Fan4stic where a sequel was planned out several months before the movie premiered... and we all know how that turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.