"DC TV Universe" News & Discussion Part 1 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Oh yeah, totally forgot about that. The GL movie was in 2011 and GLC came up 2014 I think, a sequel of some form then GLC must have been off and on for those years. Yet, Stewart appeared in animation like YJ. Weird. Though, not like a GL appearing on Arrow would have been a good fit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

That does make me wonder if Slade Wilson and any of his children might show up on Titans since they are so closely associated with the team (both as enemies and allies/members).

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, even if they abstain from the Wilson's they've still got Trigon, Blackfire, and a few other stray Titans villains they can use ;).

They can probably do their own versions of Brother Blood and HIVE too since the Arrowverse has already finished with those concepts :).

4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

The TV people make some rather oddball choices more often than not. But thankfully, these are just ideas and more ideas get swatted down than approved at CW.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Otaku-sempai

Hitman is better than it sounds, but it's the kind of concept that, if adapted for television, tends to get watered down to where it isn't really worth doing (like the Sable television series based on Mike Grell's Jon Sable: Freelance).

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  9. Otaku-sempai

Yes; it's a cute idea, but I can see why The CW execs would be reluctant to go for it. An Arrowverse sitcom would probably be seen by them as diluting the brand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

They're busy doing it themselves. :p But seriously, I can see them balking at it after Powerless got canned.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

This article says Malcolm Merlyn is dead. Did I miss something?

UPDATE:

Also, is anyone in the Legion of Doom besides Captain Cold actually funny? Damien Dahrk has admittedly had his moments, but I can't think of a single funny thing about Merlyn or Reverse Flash. I can see DC being reluctant to greenlight a comedy where 3/4ths of the cast aren't actually funny.

#51 Fone Bone, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Production on Preacher season 3 has officially begun. Recurring roles revealed: Betty Buckley cast as Gran'ma, Colin Cunningham as TC, Jeremy Childs as Jody, and Liz McGeever as Christina.

I'm not sure if they finished revealing who survived Prometheus blowing up Lian Yu -- they're probably assuming unless it was revealed or someone in cast n crew said so at a convention.

13. PF9

PF9 Active Member

The CW is adding Sunday night primetime programming next season. For 2018-19 it will only be 8-10 ET/PT, but if it works out the CW could start programming the 7-8 PM hour on Sundays the following season. This could prove vital if all five of the CW's current DC shows are still running in 2019-20, because if there are five hours of primetime between Sunday and Monday, all five could be used for the DC shows which could make the crossover events more seamless.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Well it will certainly prove useful next season anyway as all 5 CW Superhero shows have officially been renewed.

http://tvline.com/2018/04/02/arrow-renewed-season-7-flash-season-5/

I am hoping this leads into a 5 way crossover. I mean yeah in Black Lightning's world other super heroes seem ficitonal but... you could just make Black Lightning World like supergirl's a parallel reality that the group can go over to or vice versa. Heh honestly if there is an event between the five this year there should be a crisis of infinite earths esque events that leads to just one reality. Like maybe when they know a fair amount of the shows are ending and want to go out on like a super high note or something like that.

• Informative Informative x 3
  15. Otaku-sempai

It was confirmed in the very first episode (or maybe the second) that there are other superheroes on Black Lightning's Earth, we just don't know who any of them are yet. Supergirl and Vixen have since been name-dropped, but we don't have a context for that. There might be versions of both of them there or they might only be comic-book characters in Jefferson Pierce's world.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think the thing working against a five-show crossover is logistics.

All the Arrowverse shows film in Vancouver while Black Lightning films in Atlanta. So if the Pierce family was going to have a major role in a crossover you would have to fly them all over to Vancouver, and I recall the last time they tried to pull something similar with the Flash's guest appearance on Supergirl, it was a really close call.

17. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  18. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Methinks that with Guggenheim taking on more comic book assignments, he needs to reconfigure his schedule. I am going to be in Albany to hear him speak on Friday, and I wonder if any fans will be there that can get some insight (besides moi) on this matter.

19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

And leaves Klemmer on his own for Legends, too. Hmm. Intriguing. Wonder if this was in motion before or after the renewals.

20. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

• Like Like x 1