"DC TV Universe" News & Discussion Part 1 (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,287 4
Framingham, MA
This article says Malcolm Merlyn is dead. Did I miss something?

UPDATE:

Also, is anyone in the Legion of Doom besides Captain Cold actually funny? Damien Dahrk has admittedly had his moments, but I can't think of a single funny thing about Merlyn or Reverse Flash. I can see DC being reluctant to greenlight a comedy where 3/4ths of the cast aren't actually funny.

Last edited:

PF9

Jul 9, 2008
Ratings
130 11
Ohio
The CW is adding Sunday night primetime programming next season. For 2018-19 it will only be 8-10 ET/PT, but if it works out the CW could start programming the 7-8 PM hour on Sundays the following season. This could prove vital if all five of the CW's current DC shows are still running in 2019-20, because if there are five hours of primetime between Sunday and Monday, all five could be used for the DC shows which could make the crossover events more seamless.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
May 18, 2006
Ratings
897 1
East Northport
Well it will certainly prove useful next season anyway as all 5 CW Superhero shows have officially been renewed.

http://tvline.com/2018/04/02/arrow-renewed-season-7-flash-season-5/

I am hoping this leads into a 5 way crossover. I mean yeah in Black Lightning's world other super heroes seem ficitonal but... you could just make Black Lightning World like supergirl's a parallel reality that the group can go over to or vice versa. Heh honestly if there is an event between the five this year there should be a crisis of infinite earths esque events that leads to just one reality. Like maybe when they know a fair amount of the shows are ending and want to go out on like a super high note or something like that.

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Ratings
1,434 4
Lackawanna, NY
I am hoping this leads into a 5 way crossover. I mean yeah in Black Lightning's world other super heroes seem ficitonal but... you could just make Black Lightning World like supergirl's a parallel reality that the group can go over to or vice versa. Heh honestly if there is an event between the five this year there should be a crisis of infinite earths esque events that leads to just one reality. Like maybe when they know a fair amount of the shows are ending and want to go out on like a super high note or something like that.
It was confirmed in the very first episode (or maybe the second) that there are other superheroes on Black Lightning's Earth, we just don't know who any of them are yet. Supergirl and Vixen have since been name-dropped, but we don't have a context for that. There might be versions of both of them there or they might only be comic-book characters in Jefferson Pierce's world.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,915 45
Sherman Oaks CA
Well it will certainly prove useful next season anyway as all 5 CW Superhero shows have officially been renewed.

http://tvline.com/2018/04/02/arrow-renewed-season-7-flash-season-5/

I think the thing working against a five-show crossover is logistics.

All the Arrowverse shows film in Vancouver while Black Lightning films in Atlanta. So if the Pierce family was going to have a major role in a crossover you would have to fly them all over to Vancouver, and I recall the last time they tried to pull something similar with the Flash's guest appearance on Supergirl, it was a really close call.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,287 4
Framingham, MA
And yet, they are supposedly bringing Last Man Standing back. I seriously am starting to understand why so many people hate the Fox Network. They've had a pretty good track record for the past couple of years, but this stuff is a return to form for them. They suck.

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
Ratings
2,898 5 1
the point of no return
And yet, they are supposedly bringing Last Man Standing back. I seriously am starting to understand why so many people hate the Fox Network. They've had a pretty good track record for the past couple of years, but this stuff is a return to form for them. They suck.
Well, I do question this stuff in light of the "acquisition". That show just got axed at Disney-owned ABC.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,207 6
A Valid Location
Last edited by a moderator: