"DC Super Hero Girls" Animated Webisodes Talkback (Spoiler)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Oct 1, 2015.

?

Discuss and Rate this Animated Series!

1. *****

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. **1/2

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. EmaHalJordan

EmaHalJordan Well-Known Member

I loved these episodes! Finally we saw more of Hal Jordan! :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

DC Super Hero Girls "Ring Me Maybe: Part Two"

Still haven't seen Intergalactic Games. I own the DVD, I just haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

Cool episode. ***1/2.

3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Inspidea stepped up on animation, definitely felt a bit more 'cinematic' in some spots. Loved that animation of Lois turning Jessica around towards Sinestro, for example.

Flash being chased by a cheetah construct was an amusing callback to the 1st or 2nd webisode I think where Cheetah and Flash were racing or something.

I caught myself laughing when Sinestro swept the Batty Wagon away because it was stone cold of him but also because Grundy was still inside. Also, I guess Star Sapphire bailed once Hal left the party. She would have been super helpful against Sinestro. I also laughed at how easily Jessica got into the C&C kitchen -- where did Steve go?

Yeah, I don't get -- I mean when he's caught , is he going to say he was just recruiting students? :sweat:.

Yeah, in the back of my fan brain, I assumed he may be voicing Ganthet and/or the other Guardians of the Universe.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The Flash and Cheetah chase reminded me of one of the Batman Unlimited shorts.

Nice bit of continuity with the "Intergalactic Games" movie. Pretty cool use of Sinestro's powers. Not much else to say but hopefully the confrontation between Jessica and Sinestro will be fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #424 RoyalRubble, Jan 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  5. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

It seems like today's episode isn't here yet.

6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Here's Part 3 of "Ring Me Maybe":

• Like Like x 3
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That poor Green Lantern ring. I don't think I've ever seen someone swat away a ring or lock it in a pantry. Thank goodness it's persistent :p.

Nice to see a callback to "believing in your super-self" from Supergirl's story :).

So did Jessica just know the Oath by heart or did the ring just integrate it into her mind? Still pretty cool to see her recite it :anime:.

• Like Like x 1
  8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Jessica trying to get rid of the Green Lantern Ring was pretty funny.

I also liked Batgirl's plan, but thought Supergirl was captured a little too easy.

Hopefully Part 4 will be a little more exciting because not much really happened in this one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Points to Batgirl with the believe in your super self mantra. But... I get this is the Cruz origin story but Batgirl, you haven't called up Star Sapphire yet? Or where is the other 90% of Super Hero High? No, no. I'm overthinking it.

Looked like the latter once she put it on. Guess it's not a one way path where a user imagines the construct. The ring can upload info. Kinda neat.

That looked like he made a pocket Phantom Zone.

I'm thinking we might see some parallels to S:TAS when Kyle Rayner fought Sinestro. He's gonna lose some street cred getting beaten by Cruz. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And she was at Hal's going away party. Did she just cut and run as soon as Hal left :sweat:?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

DC Super Hero Girls "Ring Me, Maybe: Part Three"

This lost me by the end. Maybe Jessica doesn't have to be the bravest Green Lantern, but did they have to make her such a quivering bowl of pudding? I also dislike how she knew the Green Lantern oath already, and said it correctly on the first try. That was annoying too.

Not as good as the first two parts. **1/2.

12. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, Star Sapphire's absence is pretty odd. It would be funny if she was planning an attack herself but Jessica defeats Sinestro in the meantime (I presume he will be defeated in the next part). The fight with Sinestro should be fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SweetShop209

Sinestro and Lois' expression so at the end crack me up.

• Like Like x 3
    #433 SweetShop209, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It does look kind of bad for Sinestro that he, an adult and master Lantern and instructor, just lost to a junior Green Lantern with virtually no experience wielding a ring :p.

I do think Jessica kind of took to her powers and newfound confidence a little too quickly, but I'm sure she's still got room to grow now that she's a member of Super Hero High ;).

I was expecting Sinestro would be wearing his classic look without his Sinestro Corps. uniform...but I guess he basically did treat it as actual clothes and didn't think he'd have to worry about losing his ring and his modesty :sweat:.

So...are they just going to let Sinestro go after he tried to kidnap several Super Hero High students? Or does he have some kind of diplomatic immunity because of his status on Korugar? Something tells me he won't be invited to the next Intergalactic Games though :rolleyes2:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The fight between Jessica and Sinestro was neat. Those constructs were pretty cool.

It was funny seeing Sinestro without his uniform. Good to have Lois see through Jessica's disguise from the start.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, to be fair, no one who wears a mask in this universe uses it as a disguise, so it's not like Jessica was trying hard to hide her identity :p.

(Heck, she doesn't even have a domino mask in the comics).

17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

It was pretty easy for Granny to get the Furies in at the last minute so I'm guessing there's a lot of bureaucracy in top positions throughout the universe stalling any kind of backlash against Sinestro. But knowing Waller, she filed the forms necessary to protest Sinestro's incursion anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

DC Super Hero Girls "Ring Me Maybe: Part Four"

Nonsense. Kittens, and butterfly constructs, and oh look, Sinestro has heart underwear. Like I said. Nonsense. *.

19. SweetShop209

Here we go

• Like Like x 3
    #439 SweetShop209, Feb 15, 2018 at 11:00 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2018 at 1:03 PM
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Huh, kind of weird to see Mera already acclimating to Super Hero High. It almost feels like there was a whole origin or introduction webisode that was skipped over, unless Mera joining the school is going to be show in either the upcoming Atlantis DTV or graphic novel :).

But it's awesome to finally see Mera make her DCSHG debut, and finally getting more promotion outside the comics :D.

Looks like they're going with a "fish-out-of-water" take on her here as she learns to adapt to living outside of Atlantis and dealing with the surface world, which should give her a lot to relate to with Supergirl and Wonder Woman ;).

Erica Lindbeck as Mera is pretty awesome too. It's great to see her getting more major comic book roles and she definitely has experience playing regal, redheaded, royal characters :anime:.

How much can Mera bench-press? I know Aquaman is the one with the absurd super-strength, but it's always been kind of inconsistent whether other Atlanteans have abnormal strength from living under the sea...

"Superheroes can't stop me!" Uh...Mrs. Clayface, are you deliberately forgetting about that time Batgirl stopped you :p?

Huh, I think this might be one of the first times a villain has actually gotten away from the heroes :eek:.

Ms. Martian vs. Firefly is probably one of the worst possible hero/villain match-ups for the hero side :ack:.

Mera and Ms. Martian should be a fun team-up :proud:.

• Like Like x 1
    #440 Frontier, Feb 15, 2018 at 12:11 PM
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018 at 12:24 AM