DC Digital Service Orders "Harley Quinn" Animated Series

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Nov 20, 2017.

1. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

Is it wrong I want the guys that worked on Aqua Teen Hunger Force in this? I mean I wanna see they get Dave Willis to voice Harvey Bullock in the Carl voice for laughs.

2. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

You know as Welcome to the Wayne demonstrated you don't need to have the creative team behind ATHF to have the voice talents of that series in your animated series. Dave Willis has done his Carl voice in WtoW and Steven Universe and will probably do so for more projects in the futre. Also as much as I love ATHF that is a show that did delve way much into the realms of randomness and throwing away story structure for the sake of an out there joke that... really isn't a style that should be replicated anymore. Honestly if the team behind this is going more Rick and Morty... well that fits the Harley Quinn aethestic more anyway as yeah it's suppose to be sort of random and bitter and dark, but still have SOME earnesty and structure to it. I mean don't want every episode to end with Harley and co being eaten by some random monster and would prefer the team try telling actual full on stories with these characters and having them develop over time. I mean if Harley didn't develop past just being an abused girlfriend she wouldn't of really been remembered or loved as a character now so having that develpment fuel these stories and they're progression will make them work out more then just some funny banter but the same pie bomb to the face punch line at the end. Honestly that would work more for a Joker series, but not a Harley Quinn series with the angle they're putting on it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 2
    #43 Yojimbo, May 9, 2018
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Adam Stein has some. He wrote an episode of TTG! and most recently that Final Space show on TBS (he's also a co-producer). Borak I think came with the producers from Powerless. Dweck did Big Mouth, a TV-MA Netflix animated series. Becker worked on Final Space and Rick and Morty as the executive story editor and started out as an assistant to the producers on the Simpsons.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Given their cartoon credits, I can see how they would be a good fit for this show ;).

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

You had me at Big Mouth. Yojimbo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1