Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'DC Comics and Collectibles' started by Comics.Bot, Nov 21, 2014.
Harley Quinn themed variant covers? Really? I can't think of a better time to ask this....
What is the big deal with Harley Quinn? For the past 10+ years I seriously never got it. Most confusing to me right now is how her "first appearance" in that Batman Adventures comic is a $300 comic book. It's not even her first appearance (ever, anywhere) anyway, so what if it's her first COMIC appearance? She previously appeared before that issue, so common sense dictates it's not her FIRST appearance. I think it's cool that this character CREATED SPECIFICALLY FOR BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES (where she actually FIRST appeared) got popular enough to be legitimately brought into the actual comics, but other than that I don't see anything more here regarding Harley. I read issue 1 of the new series (to once again see if I can "get it", or see what the big deal was) and was really annoyed. No surprise, I came away with nothing and no understanding of what the big deal with Harley Quinn is. People can like whatever characters they want for whatever reasons, but I'm figuring there's got to be more to it than that when it comes to Harley Quinn.
What I plan on getting:
Batman 66' #20
Action Comics #39
Batman and Robin #39
Batman Eternal #44-47
Detective Comics #39
Gotham Academy #5
Green Lantern #39
Justice League #39
Justice League United #9
Secret Origins #10
Superman/Wonder Woman #16
The Flash #39
General Comic Thoughts:
- Wow, look at all those Harley Quinn variants...can't say I quite get why she, of all characters, is getting them unless she has an anniversary coming up. Not as impressive as the Darwyn Cooke variants but quite a few of the covers are nice and cute at the very least .
- Atlanna! And she looks awesome .
- That Batman cover .
- That Batman and Robin cover .
- Looks like they're still holding out the reveal of Superman's new costume. Though considering the first cover had red energy on it, and now this one is blue... A return of Superman Red and Blue?
- Reverse-Flash on the Suicide Squad!? I'm probably still not going to read it, but knowing he'll be joining the team means Daniel will be getting his powers back and might be becoming more prominent in the DCU proper.
- One cool thing about Secret origins is getting to see more Oracle in the New 52 .
- Magog making his New 52 debut is also cool .
- Seems like the Templar Guardians are taking up leadership of the Corps. and becoming more proper Guardians. Which might be a good thing for Hal depending on how you look at it .