DC Comics for August

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by kid_flash, May 17, 2001.

1. kid_flash

kid_flash Speedy Teen

Okay, Newsarama announced DC for August. Cool. Jumping up and down. Except they announced it too soon, and had to take it down. So, did anyone save it? If you did, either e-mail it to me (ScottN86@aol.com) or post it here, please. Thanks!

2. Brian Cruz

Brian Cruz Surf's Up

Well, I get the advance DC solicitations each month as well (apparently they consider me a member of the press! Who am I to argue?), and they always have an "embargo" date. That means that you can get in big trouble if make the information public before the specified date (which is always the following Tuesday). If you break the embargo, DC can stop sending you the info altogether, which would certainly suck. That's why Newsarama had to take it down, and why I can't add anything to the Toon Zone comics page till Tuesday. I guess this isn't really useful info, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

3. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

No offense, but -- Really?

4. Brian Cruz

Brian Cruz Surf's Up

Yes, really! We started getting them in January, so we have everything for the March 2001 comics and up. The covers come as uncompressed TIF files which average around 1MB, but man do they look nice. They have to be converted to jpg so they take up less space.

--Brian

5. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

That's cool to hear. Didja get my email, Brian? It's cool to know that TZ is considered apart of the press!

6. The Flash

The Flash Fastest Man Alive