DC Comics Animation - General Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread, Part 8 (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
Ratings
2,896 5 1
the point of no return
I don't know, all the movies or projects I would want are kinda in the morgue.

Lauren Montgomery's Aquaman
Teen Titans: The Judas Contract
Lauren Faust's Super Best Friends Forever
Gail Simone's Birds of Prey (Black Canary, Batgirl, Huntress)

All projects I would want as a full length 70 minute film

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
10,998 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Lauren Montgomery wanted to do an Aquaman movie?
Yup, ever since the early days of the DCU movie line. It's also in part why she boarded Aquaman in Crisis on Two Earths. She also pitched a Batgirl Year One movie. Adam Green pitched an Aquaman movie back in...2009. Was called Aquaman: Hero of Atlantis. It featured Aquaman and Ocean Master versus the Kordax.

EmaHalJordan

Aug 14, 2003
Ratings
82 1
Argentina
www.jlanimated.com
According to a website of Spanish dubbing, a new film Justice League Lego is on the way!
the dubbing studio says it's ready in Spanish and that the news has not yet been given in English. The title is LIGA DE LA JUSTICIA LEGO: ATAQUE A LA LEGION DEL MAL (in inglish: Justice League Lego: Legion of Doom Attacks)

[h=1]Lego Liga de la Justicia - Ataque a la Legión del Mal: Nueva película de DC en formato Lego[/h]

Recientemente, diversas fuentes ligadas a ANMTV nos informaron acerca de la nueva película de DC en formato Lego, la cual tendrá como título en español Lego Liga de la Justicia: Ataque a la Legión del Mal, y de la cual aún no se conoce su título en inglés.

Esta película contará con las apariciones de la Liga de la Justicia, y de varios personajes de la Legión del Mal (Legion of Doom), tales como Lex Luthor, Gorila Grodd, Black Manta, entre muchos otros.

Al ser una película en formato de Lego, estará dirigida a un público infantil, por lo que la comedia y los chistes están asegurados. La película fue doblada al español en el estudio caraqueño Etcétera Group, y contó con la dirección de Jesús Hernández (Voz de Clarence, El Hermano de Jorel y Nightwing en varias películas animadas de DC Comics).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
10,998 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Not sure if it was pertinent to the DC Universe line but it turns out Phil Bourassa and James Tucker are currently in Seoul, South Korea at the Emation animation studio. I don't recall every DC animation they did, but I know they did a few episodes of The Brave and The Bold.
https://instagram.com/p/15VrO4wxQs/

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
10,998 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Makes sense Talia could be back. I did speculate the next one could be Batman Inc. and in the comics, Talia reforms the League or part it as the Leviathan. Considering its membership, could also be a way to introduce several new characters to the canon as well.

Nightwing26

Jun 6, 2012
Makes sense Talia could be back. I did speculate the next one could be Batman Inc. and in the comics, Talia reforms the League or part it as the Leviathan. Considering its membership, could also be a way to introduce several new characters to the canon as well.
That'd be a pretty good way to focus on Damian, although if anyone were to die I'd hope it would be Bruce... At least then Dick could take over, if Damian had something happen to him... Well, there goes the main character of these movies.

I know this will never happen, which is why I'm so comfortable saying it, but if Leviathan was introduced, we could have Spyral also set up with the Batman, Inc. story, and whether Dick became Batman or not, we could at least have him graduate from being Nightwing into something a little better...

I really do hope we get some vague hints of the future DTVs at SDCC this year, at the very least... SDCC already seems packed with the TV series' and the movies' getting some focus, so let's see if the animated side gets focus, too! :D

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
Jun 28, 2007
Ratings
575 9
Earth Two
So I have taken a screencap of my DMs with James Tucker and asked him if he was going to direct another DTV and while he couldn't discuss it for obvious reasons, he did say he was directing again (also asked if he would board more shorts on Justice League: Gods and Monsters Chronicles):

My guess is that the 50th anniversary of the 66' Batman series will be the DTV he's directing. Can't say for sure though.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
10,998 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
I know this will never happen, which is why I'm so comfortable saying it, but if Leviathan was introduced, we could have Spyral also set up with the Batman, Inc. story, and whether Dick became Batman or not, we could at least have him graduate from being Nightwing into something a little better...
Spyral? Must be something new. EDIT: Oh yeah, the spy agency. D'oh!

I really do hope we get some vague hints of the future DTVs at SDCC this year, at the very least... SDCC already seems packed with the TV series' and the movies' getting some focus, so let's see if the animated side gets focus, too! :D
I wouldn't worry, news and panels for animation won't suffer.

So I have taken a screencap of my DMs with James Tucker and asked him if he was going to direct another DTV and while he couldn't discuss it for obvious reasons, he did say he was directing again (also asked if he would board more shorts on Justice League: Gods and Monsters Chronicles):

My guess is that the 50th anniversary of the 66' Batman series will be the DTV he's directing. Can't say for sure though.
That's cool, he's going back to directing. Should be fun.

So, no DC Universe Animated Original Movies for fourth quarter this year?
Why would you think otherwise? There hasn't been a movie release in the fourth quarter for years. That last time that happened was in 2011 when Batman: Year One released on October 18. The TDK Deluxe was in October 2013 but that was a special rerelease.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Jul 24, 2007
Ratings
834 4
UK/Ireland
pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com
I'll be looking forward to that DTV James Tucker will be directing. Like you, Nexonius, I suspect it has something to do with Batman '66.

Also, in the unlikely event Timm is talking about a Scoody Doo DTV, I figured I'd put this here:

SHH: I know you have season two of “Gods and Monsters” coming up, but is there anything else cooking in the DC kitchen for you right now?
Timm: I’ve got too much on my plate. Besides “Gods and Monsters,“ I have another DTV movie that will be coming out next year, which I cannot talk about unfortunately, but it’s really exciting. Beyond that there’s another DTV possible that we’re just now starting to talk about that I just might do, so yeah, I got lots of stuff on my plate.
Bruce Timm Talks Justice League: Gods and Monsters, Suicide Squad's Harley Quinn and More - SuperHeroHype

Next year?... interesting.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Jul 24, 2007
Ratings
834 4
UK/Ireland
pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com
Hmm. "Bad Blood". Wonder if that's a bad sign about Damian, assuming this is still going with the continuity of Son of Batman?
It definitely seems like a retro design of O'Mara's Batman (Are we still calliing him New 52 Bats?) and with Morena Baccarin supposedly reprising her Tailia role, it's pretty much a given that Damian's story will continue.

Hopefully, this drops before Christmas.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
Jun 28, 2007
Ratings
575 9
Earth Two
This will probably be released in January-February next year since there are usually 3 DC DTV movies a year (and WBA's DTV 2015 DTV output had a lot movies released this year).

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Jul 24, 2007
Ratings
834 4
UK/Ireland
pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com
This will probably be released in January-February next year since there are usually 3 DC DTV movies a year (and WBA's DTV 2015 DTV output had a lot movies released this year).
True... but IF the second release is a continuation from Throne of Atlantis and the third is potentially Batman '66, then where does Bruce Timm's DTV for next year fit into all this. Hopefully Comic-Con sheds some light.

Status
Not open for further replies.