DC Comics Animation - Comic Book News & Discussion Thread (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Apr 3, 2007.

1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The World's Finest caught up with writer Matthew Manning to discuss his work on the new Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures mini-series. The series, co-published by IDW and DC Comics, features the Dark Knight from Batman: The Animated Series and the Heroes in a Half-Shell from the Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles animated series, thrust into an exciting animated adventure. On the eve of the six-issue mini-series' launch, Manning was able to answer a few questions about what fans can expect from the Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures mini-series, along with his influences, his other works and why this is going to be a mini-series fans will not want to miss. Click the image below to check out the interview!

[​IMG]

Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #1 hits shelves tomorrow, November 9.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

February solicits are out and info for Batman/TMNT Adventures #4
    It releases on February 22.

Also, on the 22nd, a Director's Cut of Batman/TMNT Adventures #1

3. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

DC Comics will release a special digital comic series tie-in to the forthcoming Batman and Harley Quinn animated movie. The series will act as both a prequel and sequel to the forthcoming DC Universe Animated Original Movie title from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment and DC Entertainment. Click here for the details and a look at the cover art.

4. Dreyfus

Dreyfus Active Member

5. iammattie

iammattie Member

Now that I go back and look at the press release I think you're right. Was thinking this was a separate thing

6. TylerS

TylerS Member

Can somebody send me the comic Last Call? I bought the Blu-ray but it wasn't released here.

7. Bruce Wayne Jr.

I was thinking the 96 page book was the same as the weekly webcomic currently running, but that's called "The Last Laugh" while the former is titled "Last Call." Dick still has the mullet in the webcomic and not in the book, so they must be different things.

I'll have to track it down eventually because I love the DCAU, but I won't be buying the film because it's god-awful. Just a massive wasted opportunity.

8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yes, the digital tie-in comic is called Harley Quinn and Batman.

The first 5 issues is indeed "The Last Laugh". It is set before the events of the movie.

The second half of the digital tie-in comic is 7 issues, is set to start in October, and takes place after the movie. It appears this comic that came with a version of the physical release are some if not all of this second half of comics.

9. iammattie

iammattie Member

Last Call only has 4 chapters. I was wondering why the press release said Ty worked on the sequel but he didn't have a chapter in the book. Didn't realize it's gonna be a total 7 chapters. So 3 are still missing.

10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

That could hint at the production schedule of the comic. At the time of packaging the movie and sending it out, only 9 out of the 12 chapters were done and 3 still being worked on it seems.

11. iammattie

iammattie Member

You're probably right. Although, it's odd to me that they'd release a portion of the follow up and not the full prequel if that is completed already.

12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Probbaly the same reason "Harlequinade" wasn't included as a bonus episode in the special features. :p

I don't think I've seen the comic sold separately yet. I've only seen the movie with the comic on Amazon. I noticed it's the same cover as the hardcover set to release in March, but that's the whole 12 issues though.

13. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

I s at the comic store this week and there's a new collection out called Batman: His Greatest Adventures which collects some of the animated comics. There's no real order to the included issues, no cover art, and they randomly include an issue of The Batman Strikes among all the Batman Adventures comics. But the price was just $10 so it's hard to pass up. Also some of the animated comics will be in that Harley Quinn: A Celebration of 25 Years hardcover that comes out next week. Depending on whats in it I might pick that up. It's nice to see these old Adventures comics finally get put back out there.

• Like Like x 1
  14. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

August 31st:
    Log-line for the 3rd issue of the digital comic, set for September 11th:
    September 13th:
    Log-line for the 4th issue of the digital comic, set for September 25th:
    September 27th:
    Log-line for the 5th issue of the digital comic, set for October 9th:

15. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Apparently, the 1st issue of the sequel digital comic will be released on October 23rd.
    But this might change, since the 5th issue of the prequel comic was pushed back to the same date.

16. iammattie

iammattie Member

Looks like this is the "Busted" segment from the Batman and Harley Quinn "Last Call" hardback in the limited edition of the BluRay release. The story is set 6 days after the film and features
    Batman fighting Mark Desmond, Blockbuster. Apparently he was turned this way through Cadmus in a similar style to General Eiling in JLU
    It's weird this is the story they're leading with. It was the first in the book as well, but there are 2 that happen before it (one at 2 days after the film, the other at 5)

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I can see them pushing it back to October 30. I was half-expecting the comic to be called Batman and Harley Quinn: Last Call so it's at least titled different from the movie. Shrug.

18. iammattie

iammattie Member

Prequel part 5 and sequel part one pushed to October 30th. This is pushing past ridiculous and into "I hope someone on the team didn't get themselves hurt" territory

Edit: just noticed the comiXology listing I was looking at was sequel #2. The first issue doesn't seem to be listed

19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yes, Read DC Entertainment has H&B #5 at October 30, B&H #1 still at October 23 and #2 for October 30 (main page here). It is supposed to be a weekly series.

20. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Log-line for the 3rd issue of the sequel comic, set for November 6th: