DC Comics Animation - Blu-ray/DVD/Digital News & Discussion Thread, Part 19 (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

-batmat-

Nov 10, 2010
Ratings
138 1
Argentina
37.jpg

Bringing back the topic a bit for this shot I've complained before, I figured I would check out the original storyboard art and... wow! All the detail was *AT LEAST, ORIGINALLY* intended to be there. I have little doubt that they saw the finished material and didn't like it, and darkened it to what's in the final version. But this is very interesting!

Feb 8, 2017
Ratings
I figured as much. Also, it seems like the original had some kind of yellow backlighting that added an extra glow to the lights, if that makes sense. Maybe that's why the original had a yellow tint.

Cel animation is so mysterious to me!

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,604 6
A Valid Location
There will be a panel at New York Comic-Con for the B:TAS Deluxe Limited Edition Blu-Ray Box Set on Friday, October 5th.
October 05, 2018, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Main Stage 1D – Javits Center
As the most acclaimed super hero animated television series in history, Batman: The Animated Series has captured the imaginations of generations with its innovative designs, perfect voices and landmark approach to characters and stories. In late 2018, fans will finally be able to enjoy a remastered Blu-ray release from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. Join many of the key forces behind Batman: The Animated Series for a celebration of the series, an extended look at the newly-remastered footage, and additional details about this monumental Blu-ray box set. Join many of the key individuals behind the creation of this beloved series – including Kevin Conroy, the fan-favorite voice of Batman; Tara Strong, voice of Barbara Gordon/Batgirl; Loren Lester, voice of Robin; Diane Pershing, voice of Poison Ivy; and producers Bruce Timm and Eric Radomski – for a revealing panel discussion … and maybe a few unique prizes. Batman: The Complete Animated Series Deluxe Limited Edition will be available from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on October 30, 2018.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,341 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
What do you think are the chances of Warner Archive releasing Justice League Action on Blu-ray at this stage? I was hoping there would be news by now.
They could announce it at NYCC and release it this fall, but I'd guess a 2019 release since they seem to be on an annual pattern of a season set and movie when it comes to Blu. They already had 2 Blu-ray releases this year, Teen Titans season 1 and Sub-Zero, and 2 DVD releases, Static. Whereas, last year, I think it was 5 - 3 DVD releases, Zeta and two Static, and The Brave and The Bold season 3 and Mask of the Phantasm on Blu.