Darwin the Merman: A THREAD!

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by RandomMe, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

Well, just like all those threads about existing shows on TZ, time to make a thread about a fake show! Miraculously enough, this show has a back story!
    So, i do like mermen, but most of those shows which had episodes centered on mermen/mermaids were not at fun at all. Around 2011, i found that merman song from Flapjack's last episode quite amusing and traditional, but epic. The idea of making a story involving Wars and Sawa (from where the coat of arms of Warsaw came from) which had that song but i later decided to quit.
    Later on, when i recorded a lot of CN shows, one night after Halloween (or maybe in the morning of November 1st, in 2011, that's the same) i dreamt that i left school to go to an arcade that was misteriously glued to a house. I went to a bedroom. Epic. Later that morning, while i was watching TV, i dreamt that i was an actual merman. Named Darwin. I decided to include Flapples (just a nickname for some character, give it or take) as a merman from the last episode of Flapjack but later i decided to, uh, well, just leave it off.
    Later on, around December, some user on DeviantArt named kmy1205 posted some artwork. Cute artwork by the way, named "Merman Flounder". And then, my mind said:
    "This is it! THAT'S THE DARWIN I WAS LOOKING FOR!"
    It accompanied me on the last few days of 2011. I took a haircut and felt like i had Darwin's own hair aroma for, like hours. Sadly it's not on DeviantArt anymore. If anyone has that piece of art post it here.
    So, the show grew from mind level to man level. And by man i mean myself.
    Just decided to give Darwin's sister a name. Some music video popped up and it was named "Eivlys". I just decided to pick that name. I later changed it to Bea because Eivlys was a weird name to give for a mermaid.
    I later added another character, Darwin's older brother, Kevin.
    In July, i went to Chatfoo because i was doing portuguese comedy sketches on its sister site, Vocaroo. It then grew to a family level. The family being around ten people.
    In September, a portuguese version was written by me. Nobody read it 'cept me. The text was crappy, like if i was imitating portuguese comedians as a 14-year old... By this point i was slowly introducing my "Cartoon Network Portugal" channel...
    Later on, in November, one year on from the birth of my character, Darwin, i went to Omegle! In some cases, disguised as Darwin! The audience level grew to a floor level.
    Then, it was time to join Toonzone. My posts about Darwin the Merman need audience, y'know. Audience level grew to building level. As in the building i live in.
    So, actually the show is like CN's anwser to Disney Channel's Fish Hooks... but with mermen and mermaids.
    If you have any ideas, please comment!

2. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

Bit of a belated note here, on Friday morning, my creation, Darwin the Merman, turned two.
    And still no comments?

3. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This thread is for posting artwork that you made, not your stories. I'm going to close this thread, and you can send me a note to reopen it once you have artwork that you made that you'd like to share.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.