"Dark Nights: Metal (2017 Event)" Talkback (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Rate and Comment on this DC Comics event!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Ratings
1,165 3
Toonzone
www.worldsfinestonline.com
Things get a little heavy in this new comic event from DC Comics!

DARK NIGHTS: METAL #1

Writer: Scott Snyder
Artist: Greg Capullo

Synopsis: “I’ve been planning Metal for as long as I’ve been writing Batman, but I want Metal to be built upon the stories happening now in Rebirth. Most of all we want to create new material that feels really modern and different. And above all, it’s going to be fun. Even with terror and nightmares, it won’t be grim. Dark Nights: Metal will be celebratory, huge and crazy.” — Scott Snyder

“I’m looking forward to rock’n and roll’n together again. Fans have been loud and clear; they want more from us. We’re primed and ready to blow it up.” — Greg Capullo

The superstar Batman team of writer Scott Snyder and artist Greg Capullo reunite for a massive, universe-spanning event!

Dark Days: The Forge and The Casting hinted at dark corners of reality that have never been seen till now! Now, as Dark Nights: Metal begins, the Dark Multiverse is revealed in all its devastating danger—and the threats it contains are coming for the DC Universe!

Dark Nights: Metal is a DC event unlike any other—one that will push Batman, Superman and heroes of the Justice League beyond their limits to take on threats unlike any our world has ever seen! It will take the combined might of the World’s Greatest Heroes as you’ve never seen them before to face what’s coming their way!

Discuss this DC Comics event right here!

Dreyfus

Oct 18, 2009
Ratings
CA
Well I always hear people say Johns is one of the best retcon writers, but this just seems weird and unnecesary to me. I think Morrison did a good enough job explaining the Joker's different iterations as different personas he chooses day to day. But he's such a popular character, as evidenced by Metal and Snyder's other stuff, something like this is bound to sell well. It might be cool, who knows.

Last edited: