"Coyote Vs. Acme" - Animated Movie Starring Wile E. Coyote in Development

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,623 6
A Valid Location
Deadline reports that Jon and Josh Silberman will be writing, and Chris McKay is producing an animated Wile E. Coyote movie at Warner Bros titled Coyote Vs. Acme.
Road Runner’s nemesis, Wile E. Coyote a.k.a. ‘Super Genius’, is getting his own big screen feature and Deadline has learned that Jon and Josh Silberman, the supervising producers behind CBS’ Living Biblically have been hired to write Coyote Vs. Acme.
Chris McKay, the director of The Lego Batman Movie, is producing. Two big Looney Tunes movies have made it to the screen in the last 22 years: 1996’s Space Jam which made $230.4M WW and 2003’s Looney Tunes: Back in Action which made considerably less with close to $70M WW. Out of all the Looney Tunes characters with the most slaptstick potential, the arrogant and often tragic Wile E. Coyote offers limitless possibilities, even when he’s acting alone at the edge of a cliff with a parachute and anvil.
Prior to Living Biblically, the Silberman Brothers worked on the hit FX series, It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia, where they have been staffed for the past three seasons. Previous credits include Bordertown for FOX, Deadbeat for HULU, Good Vibes and Free Agents. The Silbermans are repped by ICM Partners.
Comments?

SourSweetGone

Canterlot High Class of 83.
Aug 7, 2018
Ratings
124 2
US
Excited about this and hope it actually ends up happening, I know in the past they talked about doing Marvin The Martian and Speedy Gonzales movies that never came to be, so hopefully this Wile E. Coyote film can get off the ground! A fully animated modern looney tunes film would be music to my ears, er eyeballs!!

Jul 14, 2010
Ratings
UK
Hasn't this concept been around for a while? Like possibly even before Back in Action? Or at least as part of that wave of solo films that never happened (the Marvin the Martian film etc.)?

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Mar 11, 2005
Ratings
1,542 8
California, USA
adultswim.toonzone.net
Hasn't this concept been around for a while? Like possibly even before Back in Action? Or at least as part of that wave of solo films that never happened (the Marvin the Martian film etc.)?
This movie has been in development hell since 2010. The original idea was that it was going to be a live-action film solely based around the Acme Corporation (no LT characters in sight). It was later retooled to be a CG/live-action hybrid with little changes, and now we have this current announcement with a different director and writers and Wile E. Coyote added to the cast.

jaylop97

Staff member
Oct 5, 2014
Ratings
5,181 36 1
Austin, Texas
I remember hearing about movie back in 2010, of course i did always question what kept the movie, during that time. I forgot about it until now. As for the animation, eh the older version sounded better, the CG/Live action bundle doesn't have as much magic as the previous live action 2D animation had with Space Jam and LT: Back in Action.

Jul 14, 2010
Ratings
UK
This movie has been in development hell since 2010. The original idea was that it was going to be a live-action film solely based around the Acme Corporation (no LT characters in sight). It was later retooled to be a CG/live-action hybrid with little changes, and now we have this current announcement with a different director and writers and Wile E. Coyote added to the cast.
Thanks for clearing that up. I guess we'll have to wait and see if this ever gets made. Straight animation will be a better fit, in live action I suspect it would have played like a desperately extended sketch.