Could the Fox and Marvel deal lead to the return of animated X-Men?

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,912 45
Sherman Oaks CA
I wasn't trying to deny that Assemble or Ultimate were popular or had good ratings, just that there was an intention of continuing both cartoons regardless of their reception.

Didn't know SMASH actually had merchandise. Guess all those toyetic elements weren't wasted in the show ;).

Greg91

Reporter
Dec 30, 2013
Ratings
1,765 5
Canada
I believe Hulk toys started coming out around the same time season one ended or season two began, so there were no toys straight away.

If I was part of a cast working on a new X-Men animated series, my biggest concerns would be:

Choosing which X-Men should be on the team (there are so many)

Choosing which stories to tell from the comics (again, so many)

Making sure not to repeat what other X-Men shows have done.

There are hours and hours of rich X-Men storytelling in X-Men: The Animated Series, X-Men Evolution, Wolverine and the X-Men, and Marvel Anime: X-Men. Four shows with so much excellent content. Who wouldn't be cautious about approaching the next series? I definitely wouldn't be interesting in repeating stories like the Phoenix Saga and Days of Future Past (at least immediately). Another focus for me would be making sure each character is properly developed. Over the last decade, Storm and Cyclops always seem to get short-changed in a movie or show. And Wolverine receives plenty of attention to the point where he's made guest-appearances on Ultimate Spider-Man and Hulk & the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. despite the fact that other mutants have been heavily avoided.

Since Fox is still using the X-Men in films and Guardians of the Galaxy season one is avoiding characters that Marvel Studios doesn't have access to, I doubt the X-Men TV deal will result in any changes to animation. To be honest, I'm glad we can make way for the Guardians of the Galaxy in their own show. The X-Men (and Fantastic Four) can take a break for a while. How cool would it be to see an Inhumans show or a Power Pack animated series? Plus, who says the X-Men and Fantastic Four can't come back in another way like the New Mutants or Future Foundation?

Last edited: