"Constantine" Animated Series News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,603 6
A Valid Location
July 13th:
The Special Comic-Con issue of TV Guide will have more info about this show.

July 30th:
Syfy Wire has a Trailer for the movie version. They mention it will be released in October, and it will be 90 minutes long.

I wonder if they'll release the rest of the webisodes around the New York Comic-Con before the DVD comes out.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,341 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
July 13th:
Syfy Wire has a Trailer for the movie version. They mention it will be released in October, and it will be 90 minutes long.

I wonder if they'll release the rest of the webisodes around the New York Comic-Con before the DVD comes out.
Nice to see some new footage of the remaining episodes. Oh no, Nergal! The Queen of Angels must be the new character DeMatteis alluded to in May.

Come to think of it, haven't seen the TV Guide article yet.

Yeah, they'll probably post the episodes on October 4 or 5, the 1st and 2nd day of New York Comic Con then the Blu/DVD would probably release on October 10, 17, 24, or 31. 31 seems like a good holiday promo, lol.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,164 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has announced the Constantine: City of Demons will arrive on physical and digital media on October 9, 2018. Check out the press details, package artwork and trailer by clicking here.
Nice to see Rachel Kimsey in another DC animation.

I didn't recognize Robert Atkin Downes at all.

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Ratings
1,445 4
Lackawanna, NY

Troy Troodon

Jan 16, 2014
Ratings
1,651 8
The animated series will air on the CW on Monday, October 15 at 9 PM ET/PT (after the Season 7 premiere of Arrow). It's titled Constantine: The Legend Continues and supposed to be an hour long, so I am not sure how many or which episodes will actually air on the channel.
I have a hunch, that it'll probably be heavily censored, given the runtime of it's airing.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,164 46
Sherman Oaks CA
The animated series will air on the CW on Monday, October 15 at 9 PM ET/PT (after the Season 7 premiere of Arrow). It's titled Constantine: The Legend Continues and supposed to be an hour long, so I am not sure how many or which episodes will actually air on the channel.
I hope this gets better ratings then the Vixen premier did :sweat:.

"The Legend Continues." Kinda not sure what they're going for with that. Like, are they trying to tie-in to Constantine being a main character for season 3 of Legends of Tomorrow, even though this isn't in the Arrowverse? Is Constantine Ron Burgundy now :p?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,603 6
A Valid Location
There will be a panel at New York Comic-Con on Thursday October 4th.
October 04, 2018, 2:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Main Stage 1D – Javits Center
The Hellblazer is back in an all-new twisted tale of mystery, intrigue and the occult with Constantine: City of Demons, a full-length, R-rated feature filmbased on the acclaimed DC animated series from CW Seed. A decade after a tragic mistake, family man Chas and occult detective John Constantine set out to cure Chas’s daughter Trish from a mysterious supernatural coma. With the help of the mysterious Nightmare Nurse, the influential Queen of Angels, and brutal Aztec God Mictlantecuhtli, the pair just might have a chance at outsmarting the demon Beroul to save Trish’s soul. In a world of shadows and dark magic, not everything is what it seems, and there’s always a price to pay. The path to redemption is never easy, and if Constantine is to succeed, he must navigate through the dark urban underbelly of Los Angeles, outwit the most cunning spawns of hell, and come face to face with arch-nemesis Nergal – all while battling his own inner demons! Join producer Butch Lukic, screenwriter J.M. DeMatteis, lead character designer Phil Bourassa, actors Damian O’Hare (voice of Chas Chandler) and Rachel Kimsey (voice of Angela) and moderator Peter Girardi (Executive Vice President, Alternative Programming, Warner Bros. Animation & Blue Ribbon Content) for an entertaining advance look at the riveting 90-minute film, complete with never-before-seen footage and some inside tales on the making of the latest Hellblazer film. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, Blue Ribbon Content and DC Entertainment, the action-packed Constantine: City of Demons – The Movie will be distributed by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment starting October 9, 2018 on Ultra HD Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, and Digital.