Classic Cartoons on TV (in the world)

Latest News

Cool_Cat

Mar 20, 2015
Ratings
557 8
Italy
I wanted to make this thread because I have some kind of trouble keeping up with all these channels airing theatrical cartoons around the world, and I’d like to know if there are more.

These are the ones I know:

-Italy

Italia 1: they have the rights to the whole Warner Bros library right now. They aired Looney Tunes a lot in the last 3 years but now they have only Tom and Jerry in the schedule. They also aired Popeye shorts last year, while we haven’t seen Walter Lantz shorts in over a decade.

Boomerang: they have a very low variety of Looney Tunes and no one shots, but something rare comes out sometimes. They only air classics during big marathons unfortunately.

-Topolino channel: it’s an yearly pop up channel by Disney Channel with classic Disney shorts. Unfortunately they have a very low variety, with only one B&W cartoon showing up.

-Rai 2: only Disney shorts on winter holidays, but they have a very good variety. This being the public broadcaster aired pretty much everything in the past. They apparently lost the rights to the WB library, but I hope they’ll get them again one day.

-Switzerland

RSI La 1: classic WB and MGM shorts every weekend on a dedicated block. They have almost the whole library and no censorship at all, but they apparently buy only a few shorts at time and re air them. Probably the best source in Europe.

-France

Boomerang: only source for classics in France apparently. They have good variety (even though it got worse) but the censorship kinda ruined everything.

-Poland

Puls 2: they don’t have them in the schedule right now, but they pop up very often. They air Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry. They have a very good variety of cartoons from the a.a.p. package, but no English track.

-Slovakia

Markiza: I didn’t know about this until a while ago. This channel is fully owned by WB, but way better than any Boomerang. They have no censorship and an huge variety compared to Italia 1. Very recommended.

-Brazil

SBT: they have a saturday block. No theatricals right now, but they usually show up very often. They aired MGM, WB, Walter Lantz and even Disney shorts.

Tooncast: the best channel. Ever. Period. :D

DVDLooney

Feb 3, 2014
Ratings
212 4
I wanted to make this thread because I have some kind of trouble keeping up with all these channels airing theatrical cartoons around the world, and I’d like to know if there are more.

These are the ones I know:

-Italy

Italia 1: they have the rights to the whole Warner Bros library right now. They aired Looney Tunes a lot in the last 3 years but now they have only Tom and Jerry in the schedule. They also aired Popeye shorts last year, while we haven’t seen Walter Lantz shorts in over a decade.

Boomerang: they have a very low variety of Looney Tunes and no one shots, but something rare comes out sometimes. They only air classics during big marathons unfortunately.

-Topolino channel: it’s an yearly pop up channel by Disney Channel with classic Disney shorts. Unfortunately they have a very low variety, with only one B&W cartoon showing up.

-Rai 2: only Disney shorts on winter holidays, but they have a very good variety. This being the public broadcaster aired pretty much everything in the past. They apparently lost the rights to the WB library, but I hope they’ll get them again one day.

-Switzerland

RSI La 1: classic WB and MGM shorts every weekend on a dedicated block. They have almost the whole library and no censorship at all, but they apparently buy only a few shorts at time and re air them. Probably the best source in Europe.

-France

Boomerang: only source for classics in France apparently. They have good variety (even though it got worse) but the censorship kinda ruined everything.

-Poland

Puls 2: they don’t have them in the schedule right now, but they pop up very often. They air Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry. They have a very good variety of cartoons from the a.a.p. package, but no English track.

-Slovakia

Markiza: I didn’t know about this until a while ago. This channel is fully owned by WB, but way better than any Boomerang. They have no censorship and an huge variety compared to Italia 1. Very recommended.

-Brazil

SBT: they have a saturday block. No theatricals right now, but they usually show up very often. They aired MGM, WB, Walter Lantz and even Disney shorts.

Tooncast: the best channel. Ever. Period. :D

Out of all those, the only channels I've only been able to catch is Boomerang and Tooncast. However, the latter channel is far better variety-wise. Unfortunately, I'm not always home to catch the WB shorts, but I am for the Popeye ones. Tooncast is the best channel ever, though.

Also, I don't want to get off-topic, but @Cool_Cat do you have a schedule for Markiza when WB shorts do play?

Cool_Cat

Mar 20, 2015
Ratings
557 8
Italy
I forgot. There’s a channel in Colombia called CityTV which airs ANYTHING, including Which is Witch.

@DVDLooney The Markiza schedule is public. I do not have a satellite dish pointed on it though, I’ll have to install a dual feed (the channel should be free to view). By the way do you really have Tooncast? I know you can reach certain feeds from satellite if you live in the US.