"Civil War" Mini-Series & Crossover Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Wonder Woman, May 3, 2006.

?

Rate and Comment

1. *****

36.0%
  2. ****1/2

12.0%
  3. ****

28.0%
  4. ***1/2

4.0%
  5. ***

4.0%
  6. **1/2

4.0%
  7. **

4.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

8.0%
  1. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

Um, no it didn't. Kolbar, I have no idea what that news program is talking about, because Captain America didn't die at the end of Civil War...

EDIT:

But, after checking Newsarama, SOMETHING big is happening today:

Was that news station referring to what happens in the just released, (as of today) Captain America #25?!? :eek:

2. Moto Pete

Moto Pete We Bare-ly Pete's

I Just Got my Issues this week and \check out the spoiler

3. Moto Pete

Daily Bugle: A Hero has been Shot

Unidentified hero shot on steps of Federal Courthouse

By The Daily Bugle Staff​

Breaking news: Few details are clear at this time, but the scene outside the Federal Courthouse in Manhattan is a portrait of chaos and confusion as a former superhero has been shot.

Gunfire erupted this morning after what could only be described as a whirlwind turn of events. Hundreds of New Yorkers swarmed the Federal Courthouse after word spread that an in-custody former superhero--a major player in the recent "Superhero Civil War"--was to be arraigned in New York instead of in front of a Military Tribunal.

As the crowd began swelling to unmanageable proportions, U.S. Marshals led the prisoner up the steps of the Courthouse. Moments later--before the unidentified prisoner reached the Courthouse doors--shots were reportedly fired, sending the crowd into a panic and dropping at least one person--the former hero.

At this time, rumors are circulating as to the identity of the victim, but The Daily Bugle can not confirm anything yet--including his or her condition. We will be updating this story with continued coverage throughout the day, so don't go anywhere.

4. Paul_Cousins

Paul_Cousins Active Member

5. RogueFanKC

RogueFanKC Eulalia!

Oh boy...

Wow.

And I thought Marvel was eventually going to rely on a retcon in the end, but after this...

So much for Captain America and Tony Stark ever becoming allies and friends again. And with Captain America's death, there goes America's few remaining idealistic heroes. :crying:

Captain America, we're hoping for your ressurection, but if not, bless you and know that there were many people who didn't agree with Sally Floyd and that believed in your ideals too.

*makes wreath of flowers for the Cap*

Is anyone else pissed about this? :mad:

6. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

7. halinar

halinar Active Member

This bit from CNN just made me laugh so hard.

Still, one has to wonder: Is ***** really dead? Comic book characters have routinely died, only to be resurrected when necessary to storylines.

Joe Quesada agrees -- but said times are different now.

"There was period in comics where characters would just die and then be resurrected. And the death had very little meaning and the resurrection had very little meaning," he said. "All I ask of my writers is if you're going to kill a character off, please let that death have some meaning in the overall scope of things."

Blocked out the name for those who don't know but what a crock. Both sides of the comics word are mowing down characters like crazy and they are meaningful deaths? All I have to say about that is Hawkeye.

8. StormBlue

StormBlue Defender of Light

Yeah, I just caught this a few seconds ago. If you just go to the Yahoo! main page, it spoils the entire thing for you.

What is this world coming to???

9. Conan-san

Conan-san Active Member

Runaways spoilers

oh that's right, Stark, show up just as the giants are killed, take the credit for it why don't you, you robotic-!

10. Moto Pete

yeah that ticks me off that the news is covering it befor the issue was avalible

11. Beat

Beat Retired

What was that about reaction and idealism again?

Marvel Super Heroes- Defending America's rights to treat celebrities like royalty and teachers like dirt.

12. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

I Can't Believe They Did This Again!!! Thank You Yahoo News!!!!!!!!!!!! We Really Appriciate It (sarcasim).

13. Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama Hawkguy
    Staff Member Moderator

Now, granted, I haven't read the cross-over yet, but this means

Cap is Ronin now, right? I mean, the guy staged his own death to get out of prison (he's Captain Friggin America, the guy has connections), and now he's working under-cover, so to speak.

At least that's the way it's coming off to me.

14. Ghostbuster Man

Ghostbuster Man "Batman's my Cousin"

God, in this day and age this is not what we need right now!:mad:

We still need heroes like Captian America to help us to fight for democracy and freedom. With all the liberals and activists taking over the contury, we need an icon to help us to get throgh this dark age.:(

Man, i bet Jack Kirby is turning in his grave as we speak.:crying:

15. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

Shouldn't this news be in a talkback for Captain America #25? I know this issue is still a Civil War tie-in but I think a talkback for the issue would be better. I haven't picked up this comic and I had no plan to. Although now I may have to run down to the comic store afterall and see what this is all about.

Can't say I'm surprised by the assassination but I can't see this lasting.

16. Robin2099

Robin2099 Active Member

This won't last or will most likely turn out to be a fake out. Killing Captain America would be as stupid as killing off Batman. No way I see this lasting.

17. Juu-kuchi

Juu-kuchi Everypony's Starry-Eyed

But then again, why is it that there's another Captain America issue after this, if I can recall the Initiative Checklist which previews upcoming Marvel Comics

If that's the case, let's defer total judgment until that issue comes to be, unless it's just a lamentation/commentary piece without the Captain.

18. Clayface

Clayface Molecularly Malleable Mod

Yep. There is now an official talkback thread for the issue.

Ditto. Like others, I suspect it's a faked death.

19. JLU Dude

JLU Dude Active Member

I'll keep this brief as I haven't been actually reading CW, but kept up via Internet. Both CW issue 7 and the recent inicident with Cap have turned me off of Marvel Comics. I'd already decided to stop reading Marvel after reading about issue 7, but this is the final nail in the coffin for me. Quesasda, Millar, Bendis, and JMS have got to go!

No offense, but you might not want to bring politics here and you could have offensed some people with that post. Besides, there are two sides of a coin, but for various reason, I won't get into it.

I wouldn't blame him if he were.:sad:

20. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

Allright, please, no more talking about THAT OTHER CONTROVERSIAL COMIC JUST RELEASED in this thread. Talk about the ending of Civil War here. Talk about THAT OTHER BIG EVENT in the appropriate talkback...