"Charming" (2018) discussion thread

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Nick Mick

Jan 2, 2018
Ratings
169 3
An open discussion about the latest movie made by Shrek producer John Williams, Charming!

The film explores the untold stories of Snow White, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty who discover that they are all engaged to the same Prince Charming. After a fairy spills a large amount of charm dust on Charming, Prince Charming, led by the Lenore, a woman who is incapable of love, must go on an epic journey to find his one truest of loves.

Nick Mick

Jan 2, 2018
Ratings
169 3
People say this is heavily cliched, and that it has terrible animation, but I think it has quite good animation, and that the execution will be alright.

Don't get me wrong, it could be as good as in a Disney movie, but what prevents it from doing so, is its trailer that once again feels more like a recap of the whole movie, and the initial portrayal of the princesses. Like, I know this is a parody, which is the only really good tolerant thing John Williams seems to make, aside from making some lame movies about chimpanzees in space f.e., but its premise is too unique for the movie to feel like a parody.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,463 4
Framingham, MA
I don't really care about the animation or jokes or whatever, I just think it's a brilliant premise and conceit. Disney Princess by way of Jerry Springer. My biggest question is why nobody ever thought to do this specific idea years ago.