Charlie and the Nighthawks

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by RioBravo, Mar 3, 2013.

1. RioBravo

RioBravo New Member

Hi guys! Here is a new animatic short I posted on YouTube couple of weeks ago. It is inspired from my love of old Hanna Barbera action adventure cartoons such as Herculoids, Samson and Goliath, Jonny Quest, etc. when I used to watch reruns growing up as a kid. This is the first in a series and hope to post new episodes every quarter. The short was created entirely from Toonboom Storyboard Pro.

[video=youtube;n7u2bjg4GAQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7u2bjg4GAQ[/video]

2. HORNS1968CE

HORNS1968CE THE LAST MAJOR

I ENJOYED THIS!!!!

If we want to see what we want, it is time to stop waiting for others to give us what we want. If we truly want it, we should fruitionize it ourselves. If a parent tells you, for example, "Art ain't manly, it ain't gonna getcha nowhere", you tell them to shove s***. As a nearly 45yo Man, I t'lells ya....I wish I'd had enough balls to downface my late Ma and demand an animation career. As said my perceptibly disappointed High School Art educatrix: "I'd hate to see you have a 9/5 job, Brother." (quoted from memory)
    Any art skills I now have I fomented "on the downlow". I studied hella [SIZE=5]Animated TV programs, read hella books[SIZE=5]/magazines devoted to Animation/Comics. I drew [SIZE=5]C[/SIZE]a[SIZE=5]rtoons/[SIZE=5]C[/SIZE]omics in HS/College, in [SIZE=5]Libraries[SIZE=5].[/SIZE] And when I lived at 1295 100[SIZE=5]th Avenue in Oakland, MCA, I learnt to [SIZE=5]uprig, in my Bedroom, a private DRAWING PLACE by clearing a tall dresser and placing what became an art file on its [SIZE=5]top left corner, [SIZE=5]Drawing[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE] Implements on top, and drawing at a gen[SIZE=5]erous area extending to the lo[SIZE=5]wer [SIZE=5]r[/SIZE]ight corner. This place would be pr[SIZE=5]ivatized by me[SIZE=5] inserting m[SIZE=5]y Fat Black Ass between the dresser/my Bedroom door, causing [SIZE=5]the door[/SIZE] to close. OH, THE WORLDS AND MYTHOLOGIES I[SIZE=5]'D CREATE!!!! I drew in a somewh[SIZE=5]at standin[SIZE=5]g position, and I LOVED IT!!!! I'd like also to mention that, beginning in early 1996, places [SIZE=5]I'd visit on the PC would also influence me.

Young Brother, you have a good concept, and it is my extremest wish t[SIZE=5]hat[/SIZE] you fur[SIZE=5]ther develop[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
    it. And, yeah, to this day, a small part of me wishes to Animate. YOU GOT THE SUPPORT - respect it. I HAD HARDLY ANY. YET I DECIDED, WITHIN MYSELF, TO DRAW RESOLUTELY ON. I'LL KEEP DRAWING UNTIL I CAN NO LONGER DRAW, and that's a truth. To to you say again:

"I ENJOYED THIS!!!!"

3. RioBravo

RioBravo New Member

Just posted second episode.

[video=youtube;YLyjU_O1Zq0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLyjU_O1Zq0[/video]

4. RedSpur

RedSpur Member

Really awesome stuff bro! Could easliy be a series on Cartoon Network or Disney XD.

5. magicdog

magicdog Active Member

I liked this! It makes me want to know more about this group - who they are and all the usual background info you'd typically find in a show bible. Is Belle supposed to be a cyborg? Toro reminds me of lost Herculoid! Don't worry - that's a good thing!

6. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Brilliant. Love the fluidity and animatic process. Very impressive!

7. RioBravo

RioBravo New Member

Posted third episode today. Check it out! Thanks in advance.

[video=youtube_share;OaWfCIpRR1o]http://youtu.be/OaWfCIpRR1o[/video]

8. RioBravo

RioBravo New Member

Episode Five now up. Enjoy!

[video=youtube_share;CNwZq0imEFI]http://youtu.be/CNwZq0imEFI[/video]