1. If you are seeing non-stop CMP acceptance notifications, go here and we will help you troubleshoot:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/non-stop-cmp-acceptance-notice.5663692/
    If you are seeing non-stop Privacy/ToS acceptance notifications, go here:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/non-stop-privacy-terms-acceptance.5663702/
    If you are seeing threads with no posts at all, go here:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/threads-with-no-content.5663811/
    Please note that these are separate issues. Posting in the correct thread will help us resolve the issue faster.
    Dismiss Notice

Cartoon Network shows on Kids' WB

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by superkeegan9100, May 29, 2018.

1. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user & Cartoon analyst

ICYDK, Kids' WB has aired several Cartoon Network shows back in the 2000's. They aired Samurai Jack ONCE in 2001 (and I do mean only once), and they also aired The Powerpuff Girls, Codename: Kids Next Door and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. None of those shows lasted long on Kids' WB, and the only reason they aired them was to give Cartoon Network some promotion. I'm only dissapointed that Animaniacs already left Kids' WB and was airing on Nickelodeon and the newly-launched Nicktoons TV by the time PPG debuted on Kids' WB, it would've been fun to see both the PPG & the Warner siblings together in a promo (especially this - a "Burpalicious Belch-a-Thon" that could've easily been hosted by Wakko Warner instead of the PPG). Also there was a Toonami block in 2001, but they screwed it up by adding Scooby-Doo of all shows.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  2. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Nicktoons Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, they showed new episodes of The Powerpuff Girls before Cartoon Network to promote the movie.

3. superkeegan9100

Which turned out to be a huge flop for both WB and Cartoon Network. After the movie bombed, CN refused to make anymore movies based on their shows. Never thought PPG would air new episodes on The WB before its home network, though.

4. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter! Moderator

Kids' WB! also aired Dragon Ball Z on their "Toonami" block.

5. RDG

RDG Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive

and that would be more than a decade before the show moved to Adult Swim, where it most likely belongs

6. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Active Member

I remembered they aired atleast one of the Cell Saga episodes of DBZ and one of the Saban-era Saiyan Saga episodes with a different voice cast. They awkwardly cut off the next episode previews. One of the Cloverway-dubbed Sailor Moon episodes aired as well.

7. GiantWaffle

GiantWaffle Member

Pics or vids proof or else you guys are lying.

8. superkeegan9100

I'm not lying. Click the links on the first post.

9. Mr HooPoe

Mr HooPoe Active Member

I know Mike, Lu & Og was part of the lineup around 2004. I have no idea what else was on there besides the shows you mentioned.

10. Erased Paper

Erased Paper Member

It wasn't.