Cartoon Network Originals Renewal/Cancellation Thread

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

ToonJay723

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Ratings
1,520 13
New York
A list of currently running Cartoon Network series and their renewal status.

For Warner Bros. animated series click here.

Shows With Upcoming Seasons
  • Teen Titans Go!, picked up for a fifth season
  • Steven Universe, picked up for a new season*
  • We Bare Bears, picked up for a new season
  • The Powerpuff Girls has a third season
  • Ben 10, season three ordered
  • OK K.O. Let's Be Heroes, picked up for a second season
  • Craig of the Creek, picked up for a second season
Shows Without an Upcoming Season Announcement

• The Amazing World of Gumball current season premiered January 5, 2018
  • The Powerpuff Girls current season premiered May 13, 2018
  • Summer Camp Island current season premiered July 7, 2018
  • Total DramaRama current season premiered September 1, 2018

Shows Officially Confirmed to be Ending/Cancelled
  • Mighty Magiswords, ending after season two
New Series
  • Victor and Valentino premieres 2018
  • Infinity Train premieres 2019
  • Elliot From Earth

*Under episode "How It's Made" at the three minute mark

If I'm missing anything or got anything wrong please let me know, and please provide a source.

Last edited:

Gatordragon

Magic is mighty!
May 14, 2012
Ratings
3,386 4
The Land of Flowers
A ninth season for Adventure Time?
The eighth one hasn't even got around to airing. And yet, there's still no reruns of it on the schedule... I know there are other ways to watch AT, but still...

Looks like most of the shows still have legs, with only Uncle Grandpa being dropped for sure. That's pretty good.

Hmm, there are three instances of seasons being split in two. I guess having a smaller amount of episodes per season is more manageable.

Feb 28, 2016
Ratings
239 14
I've noticed recently there's been some confusion whether what shows are renewed or cancelled, so I'm gonna make a list to break it down. I'm not including upcoming shows like Justice League Action, Ben 10 or Mighty Magisword, just shows that are currently running

• Adventure Time, season 8 coming soon, and a 9th season afterwards.
  • Regular Show, season 8 coming this Fall*.
  • The Amazing World of Gumball, season 5 premieres September 1st, and a 6th season afterwards.
  • Teen Titans Go!, season 4 coming soon.
  • Uncle Grandpa, season 5 coming next year.**
  • Steven Universe, season 5 coming next year.**
  • We Bare Bears, season 3 coming next year.***
  • Wabbit, picked up for a second season, unknown when/if they'll air
  • Be Cool, Scooby Doo, picked up for a second season unknown when/if they'll air.
  • The Powerpuff Girls, season 2 will air next year.
  • Sonic Boom, season 2 coming this fall
  • Transformers: Robots in Disguise, season 3 coming this fall
  • The Tom and Jerry Show
  • Clarence
  • Bunnicula
  • Uncle Grandpa, ending after the fifth season

*Mark Hamill has deleted his tweets about Regular Show's cancellation, and no other sources confirmed it, so for now I'm leaving it off the Ending/Cancelled list until further announcements

**Season three of Uncle Grandpa and Steven Universe were split to make seasons four and five

***The official We Bare Bears blog calls "Hibernation" (#25) the end of the first half of season one, so since episode #27 was called season two by CN, Cartoon Network is doing a similar thing they did with Uncle Grandpa and Steven Universe, so the season two mentioned in the Variety article is now season three.

I was told that Wabbit had a second season ordered, but I can't find a source so of anyone has it, can you post it here. Also, if I'm missing anything or got anything wrong please tell me.
Wabbit is getting a second season because we already got the season two episode list :
Wabbit Season 2 Episode List

Tad the Bachelor (2017)
Daffy in the Science Museum(2017)
Etiquette Shmetiquette (2017)
Affaire du Jour (2017)
Ponce de Calzone (2016)
Wahder,Wahder Everywhere(2016)
Tis the Seasoning (2016)
Game, Set, Wabbit (2016)
Cougar, Couger (2016)
Fame Boiled Duck (2016)
Daffy the Stowaway (2016)
Sam and the Bullet Train(2016)
Superscooter 3000 (2016)
BreezeHammer, The (2016)
Not So Special Delivery (2016)
Porklight, The (2016)
Houston, We Have a Duck Problem(2016)
SuppleTent Revival (2016)
Cyrano de Bugs (2016)
King Nutininkommen (2016)
One Carroter in Search of an Artist(2016)
Hoggin' the Road (2016)
Food Notwork, The (2016)
Duck in the Aquarium, A
Lucky Duck (2016)
Free Range Foghorn (2016)
Horder Up (2016)
AbracaWabbit (2016)
Color of Bunny, The (2016)
Bugs the Gladiator (2016)
Best Bugs (2016)
10-4 Good Bunny (2016)
Save the Walis (2016)
Swine Dining (2016)
Valentine's Dayffy (2016)
Timmmmmmbugs (2016)
Bigs Bunny (2016)
Love it or Survivalist it
Easter Tweets (2016)
Wedding Quackster, The(2016)
Bugslympics (2016)
Easter Bunny Imposter (2016)
Knight and Duck (2016)
Erin Go Bugs (2016)
Tour de Bugs (2016)
Point Duck Percent (2016)
Porky the Disorderly (2016)
Quiet the Undertaking (2016) Pigmallian (2016)
Lewis & Pork (2016)
Sir Littlechin and the Kraken(2016)
Back to the Present (2016)
Duck in the Penthouse, A(2016)
Daffy the Ninja (2016)
Love is in the Hair (2016)

SparkleMan

Who did you expect? Sportaflop?
May 2, 2016
Ratings
487 5
Lazytown
I've noticed recently there's been some confusion whether what shows are renewed or cancelled, so I'm gonna make a list to break it down. I'm not including upcoming shows like Justice League Action, Ben 10 or Mighty Magisword, just shows that are currently running

• Adventure Time, season 8 coming soon, and a 9th season afterwards.
  • Regular Show, season 8 coming this Fall*.
  • The Amazing World of Gumball, season 5 premieres September 1st, and a 6th season afterwards.
  • Teen Titans Go!, season 4 coming soon.
  • Uncle Grandpa, season 5 coming next year.**
  • Steven Universe, season 5 coming next year.**
  • We Bare Bears, season 3 coming next year.***
  • Wabbit, picked up for a second season, unknown when/if they'll air
  • Be Cool, Scooby Doo, picked up for a second season unknown when/if they'll air.
  • The Powerpuff Girls, season 2 will air next year.
  • Sonic Boom, season 2 coming this fall
  • Transformers: Robots in Disguise, season 3 coming this fall
  • The Tom and Jerry Show
  • Clarence
  • Bunnicula
  • Uncle Grandpa, ending after the fifth season
  • Mixels, ending in September

*Mark Hamill has deleted his tweets about Regular Show's cancellation, and no other sources confirmed it, so for now I'm leaving it off the Ending/Cancelled list until further announcements

**Season three of Uncle Grandpa and Steven Universe were split to make seasons four and five

***The official We Bare Bears blog calls "Hibernation" (#25) the end of the first half of season one, so since episode #27 was called season two by CN, Cartoon Network is doing a similar thing they did with Uncle Grandpa and Steven Universe, so the season two mentioned in the Variety article is now season three.

I was told that Wabbit had a second season ordered, but I can't find a source so of anyone has it, can you post it here. Also, if I'm missing anything or got anything wrong please tell me.
I was hoping for TTG to be cancelled.
THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.

I.R. Shokew

DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs
Sep 26, 2011
Ratings
1,740 8
Who wants to find me that badly anymore?
I'm more sad & weary from the lack of Clarence (which is looking to be ended after 2 seasons from its lack of news, save for one September premiere.), more than anything. At least all the other shows I give a damn about are still fine, thankfully (then again, I didn't have to worry about them, as they have all more than proven themselves worthy of still going on until some just as good, if not better content can hopefully show up to replace the stuff definitely on its way out.).

Feb 28, 2016
Ratings
239 14
Bunnicula is getting a second season:
JB: Yeah, originally it was just two boys and a mom and dad. It was in Middle-America, and this is New Orleans with a little girl and her father. We never get into their family, because we just wanted to keep it focused on the animals and the supernatural. We'll learn more about Mina and her backstory during the second season.We also have a character that’s this deranged guinea pig called Lugosi, who is kind of modeled after Renfield from the original story.
JB: There will be some really fun ‘monster of the week’ episodes. The first ten to fifteen episodes are about a monster or ghost who’s in the apartment and needs help, and how Bunnicula interacts with them. Lots of new supernatural creatures. We don’t go too far into Bunnicula’s origin yet. We're going to save that for the second season.We learn more about these characters, and how they each react to different situations, and what Bunnicula is all about setting. http://www.indiewire.com/2016/02/bu...oon-producerdirector-jessica-borutski-122394/

Feb 21, 2015
Ratings
101 4
East Coast USA
taybluejamison.wix.com
Bunnicula is getting a second season:
JB: Yeah, originally it was just two boys and a mom and dad. It was in Middle-America, and this is New Orleans with a little girl and her father. We never get into their family, because we just wanted to keep it focused on the animals and the supernatural. We'll learn more about Mina and her backstory during the second season.We also have a character that’s this deranged guinea pig called Lugosi, who is kind of modeled after Renfield from the original story.
JB: There will be some really fun ‘monster of the week’ episodes. The first ten to fifteen episodes are about a monster or ghost who’s in the apartment and needs help, and how Bunnicula interacts with them. Lots of new supernatural creatures. We don’t go too far into Bunnicula’s origin yet. We're going to save that for the second season.We learn more about these characters, and how they each react to different situations, and what Bunnicula is all about setting. http://www.indiewire.com/2016/02/bu...oon-producerdirector-jessica-borutski-122394/

That's great I'm happy it's getting a 2nd season now I want to know when the rest of the episodes are going to air they haven't aired new episodes since March