Cartoon Network International News Thread 5.0

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Light Lucario, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Markus Nelis

Markus Nelis Member

Already? Well it's a popular thread.

3. ProtoGentIsDead

ProtoGentIsDead A cartoon-conspiracy kook

Is CN CEE going to transform from 4:3 to 16:9 in Romania and Hungary?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. J10

J10 Active Member

With the same management, they would not do it earlier. They must wait for few years to make it happen.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Daffyrocks

Daffyrocks "I'm Daffy the Gaucho!"

@Red Arrow :D
    Well, I've seen the season 3 episodes order of Angelo Rules on fernsehserien.de and "Usually The Suspect" appears there twice, but if you click on "Staffel 3, Folge 9b" (season 3, ep 9b in German), you can see "Fish-nappers" appearing there as the "original title" despite the fact that it's listed on the episode guide as "Usually The Suspect". And yeah, it seems CN Germany did premiere those eps differently in terms of order, but the website's guide still has the "correct" episodes order.

And the French Wikipedia page, yeah...., it indeed has the eps in a quite different order. The French season 3 starts with the episode "Mind Reader" ("Télépathie"), and ends with the single 11-minute segment "Usually The Suspect" ("Un suspect idéal") which is put right after two 2-part episodes ("Le roi du skateboard" and "Le jour de Pierre"/"The Skateboard Kid" and "Peter Rules"). When instead the season should end with the three 2-part specials. :p

And fernsehserien.de still lists "Peter for President" as episode 102, so it really is at the very end of the season. Right now it's the German team which chose a later episode randomly to put near other ones from the beginning of the season.

Well, the page does say that season 5 of Angelo Rules will premiere in September 2018. Then I really still can't say for sure if those episodes titles are fake or not.

I really don't except the channel to make the switch anymore, after all that happened recently.

6. Johnniny

Johnniny Member

cn taiwan might have started to use 16:9 by now. ill try to post a screnshot.

7. J10

J10 Active Member

We're waiting to see it if it's real or fake. We want to see a real one. Until now, There isn't any news about CN Taiwan's changing to 16:9 yet.

8. RandomMe

RandomMe Bloo

Well there are rules and limitations.

9. Johnniny

Johnniny Member

there are not many websites posting continuities or news about cn taiwan and its been a long time since people posted a video about it. i doubt tho.

10. fleXTCG

fleXTCG xd

@RandomMe

Yesterday, I've found my old family VHS tape, that I recorded over with more than an hour of pan-eu CN around 2003-2004. Sadly, my old VCR was faulty at the time, so there's no image, just this black and white flashing vibration thingy. Altho the audio track seems to be somewhat alright, so in case you're interested, I took out the continuities and uploaded them.

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    #10 fleXTCG, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  11. animegamer

animegamer Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  12. RandomMe

RandomMe Bloo

December 2003? It has the PPG Christmas song, yet the special didn't air on the feed until Christmas Eve 2013, by then we had CN PT.

Yeah, I remember the bumper where Sheep was jumping over the CN checkerboard.

I don't remember Monster Vision, just Courage 60.

That Number 1/Clarence promo was possibly to promote Operation E.N.D., or the start of season 2 of KND through a stunt.

That's pure internet gold, even if the video is missing.

PS: the DL episode ending is Ocean Commotion. I didn't like that episode at the time because I hated merpeople (until 2007) because Dee Dee didn't take her mermaid swimsuit away. For some mad reason the swimsuit was powerful and gave her mermaid powers.

13. Moleoman

Moleoman Well-Known Member

Judging from the promos (the "Monster Vision" promo in the second video was later recycled into the "Courage 60" one used in CN PL/CEE - heck, the visuals for the latter promo even match the VA's description and SFX in the former one!) and the schedules of CN HQ I found on and have managed to save from tv.rbc.ru site (according to which, for instance, the "Powerpuff Day" marathon (of which promo is heard on the first video) happened on Saturday, 26th October 2002) I can say the recordings must actually come from late October 2002.

• Like Like x 1
  14. fleXTCG

fleXTCG xd

It might be 2002, I don't know for sure, just remembered that as a kid i was trying to record some of my favourite cartoons, and it ended up looking like this with an audio track on it. I found this tape (and a few others looking exactly like this) a few months ago but my old VCR couldn't even get the audio from it, so I thought I remembered wrong.

Anyways, all I wanted to say is, now that I can grab the audio from these tapes, i'll look for more continuities, and add them to this playlist here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaDB32HRlxWNsgUmc1hhtsfMlMcI1V4oH

So I don't have to spam the forum with my off-topic garbage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. RandomMe

RandomMe Bloo

@fleXTCG and @Moleoman: I so want to recreate those breaks, even if there is no footage I can add a "no footage" tag.

I swear I saw the SITBC bumper somewhere on YouTube. Maybe it was deleted. Maybe it's hidden.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Daffyrocks

Was that Sheep bumper a white background one made in Europe?

17. fleXTCG

fleXTCG xd

Yeah, but I have that one with an image too.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ballwa44

ballwa44 Life Can Make You Smile!

Going back to Supernoobs for a moment, the treatment S02 is getting is simmilar to Yo-kai Watch S01.5 - in which they aired 11 of the 12 episodes (one of them getting randomly banned, most likely because of one certain scene... which was included in the episode right after *shrug*) and only bothered rerunning the first 2 of the batch. Then boom, never seen again.

You know, Supernoobs is getting this treatment for S02, they are airing it with no proper reruns. So hopefully after the season ends, we can see these episodes again, but I kind of doubt, as 16:15 is a great timeslot actually, I reckon they will get something else to air at that time after Supernoobs S02 ends (maybe bring back OK KO or Mighty Magiswords? [well, pretty much 0% chance, but maybe Yo-kai Watch, eh?]).

After this, I am worried about Yo-kai Watch. I think it is a bit likely we'll get S02 as I have said before [in America it is called S03, starts airing in July, weekly, on Disney XD US - France already began airing some s02 episodes actually]. So when we get them, will they burn the episodes off at an unreasonable time, like 10 AM or 23 (11 PM) during weekdays/weeknights? The channel clearly had little to no faith in the series.

And yes, as always I bring up Yo-kai Watch, typical me I guess haha

19. Daffyrocks

Did you already upload it to your YT channel? (sorry for answering too late)

You sure like Yo-kai Watch a lot :p

Anyways, Supernoobs indeed won't have any rerun slots for the new S2 episodes on CN CEE. In which case they will treat it EXACTLY like Justice League Action, but a bit better (since it's airing more times a week, on weekdays, compared to JLA which had just two airings on the entire week). I think they will keep it for one more month in the schedule (or two) in August until all the eps are all rerun again, after which they will probably kick it out in October or mid-September. Yo-kai Watch was airing on weekends only, so maybe that's why the reruns treatment was a bit different. It hadn't much time for reruns considering what the German team had in their plans as line-up changes, as it was airing for a very limited time every week.

I am predicting that the new season of Yo-kai Watch will come to CN CEE this fall. I am not sure what to think of its treament really, since by that time they neglected it to weekends it was summer, and the German team had to have more time for their stupid Marathon Mix. :sweat: Same in January, as it was still Winter Holidays (at least here in Romania) when they started with S1.5 and they were to busy with their Winter Marathons.

So I guess they will treat Yo-kai Watch like any other acquisition that is not Justice League Action, and give it at least one single slot every weekday (and hopefully they will add a rerun slot on weekends, since by that time we won't be crowded with any holiday marathon blocks and we will have more times for more single slots of as many shows as possible).

20. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

You forgot that it's July. The TV ratings are at its lowest in July. (Okay, to be honest, I have no idea how common it is in CEE to go on vacation, but for some reason I imagine you guys all go to the Bulgarian coast line or whatever)

There is only one person who uploads Steven Universe episodes in Dutch (that's still better than the other CN originals), and he is very sad that new episodes will premiere in July. He won't be able to record anything and who knows, perhaps it won't get any reruns.

Why did they even bother to dub Supernoobs S2? It seems like a waste of money. (Same with everything on Boomerang NL)