Cartoon Network Branding Discussion Thread

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

What was the best logo

• 1992-2004

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • 2004-2010

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • 2010-present day

Votes: 22 28.6%

• Total voters

kianworld

CN Schedule Archiver
Oct 19, 2015
Ratings
208 3
Yeah the CN bug, without any of the banners and such, has pretty much been the same since 2010, minus getting rid of the "HD" text and some repositioning. Wondering if it'll ever be changed, or it will stay that way until we get a new logo (like with the first CN bug)

I could see CN maybe making it transparent and getting rid of the "CARTOON NETWORK" text at the bottom, kinda like how Comedy Central's bug shows the full logo at first then condenses it to just the monogram a few seconds later.

Radical Edward

Feb 3, 2018
Ratings
1,058 6
I don't mind the opaque bug but I really wish they'd change up the bug's logo animation. It has stayed exactly the same since 2010's rebrand. Maybe do something playful with it on certain occasions like Nick and Disney.

I don't mind the opaque bug but I really wish they'd change up the bug's logo animation. It has stayed exactly the same since 2010's rebrand. Maybe do something playful with it on certain occasions like Nick and Disney.
Yeah, it too needs updating. However there is a law in their style guide that forbids things like recoloring the logo and etc. The Latin American feed violated these regulations in 2012.

Aug 17, 2016
Ratings
50 3
They did in Christmas 2017, the logo animations was two presents appearing from the bottom of the screen and flipping into the CN logo

Radical Edward

Feb 3, 2018
Ratings
1,058 6
I recall that they painted the 2010 logo blue. This was when they were in a temporary rebrand between January and September of that year, carrying on with the Toonix identity.
Huh, interesting. I still wish they'd make the logo more flexible like the previous one, though I still much prefer the current logo. I also hope they phase out Dimensional soon (maybe this summer), it's gotten kinda bland.

Francisque

Mar 14, 2014
Ratings
1,075 42
Who knows. The usage of CMYK colors have been synonymous with CN for several years now and a potential rebrant seems inevitable.
If ain't broken, don't fix it

Another rebrand? Please no.. many international operations still have to adopt costly Dimensional and you want another one? :D
The look is fine as it is IMO
Huh, interesting. I still wish they'd make the logo more flexible like the previous one, though I still much prefer the current logo. I also hope they phase out Dimensional soon (maybe this summer), it's gotten kinda bland.
Correction:the way US adopts things often is bland, not the branding itself (see CN UK)