Care Bears: Unlock the Magic

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,270 4
Framingham, MA
I love the Care Bears. Face it, fellas. The Care Bears Nelvana cartoon in the 1980's was no better or worse than any of those action cartoon half hour commercials fanboys still rave over. The difference is that it was targeted towards icky girls. That's pretty much the only valid complaint I've seen against it. It is definitely no worse than ThunderCats, and actually higher quality than He-Man.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,270 4
Framingham, MA
Action cartoon, that's a laugh. Who could the Care Bears be fighting - someone who hates hugs?
No Heart, Man! He was actually a spooky villain. He seemed to be modeled a bit after Darth Vader in that he wore a hood that covered his face.

Also, the theme song was one of the best in the entire 1980's. I'd put it up there with Alf, DuckTales, ThunderCats, Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures, and A Pup Named Scooby Doo.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2018
Ratings
I personally admire that CN is trying to cater to its under 6 audience again. It gives the kiddies who have yet to be enrolled in preschool something to watch while at home or watch while they are getting ready for school if they like Cartoon Network.

Disney Channel and Nick have been catering to a preschool audience for years, so why Cartoon Network shouldn't is beyond me.

superkeegan9100

Cartoon Analyst and Harvey Street Ambassador
Jan 10, 2015
Ratings
6,657 76
Raleigh, North Carolina
www.youtube.com
Disney Channel and Nick have been catering to a preschool audience for years, so why Cartoon Network shouldn't is beyond me.
Like they say, monkey see monkey do.

Dark Heart, Man! He was actually a spooky villain. He seemed to be modeled a bit after Darth Vader in that he wore a hood that covered his face.
Forgive me, I haven't seen the 80's show.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,270 4
Framingham, MA
I personally admire that CN is trying to cater to its under 6 audience again. It gives the kiddies who have yet to be enrolled in preschool something to watch while at home or watch while they are getting ready for school if they like Cartoon Network.

This.