C&C - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans S2 - "My Friend" [12/2]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Kitschensyngk, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk The kids are all wrong

[​IMG][​IMG]

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
    Season 2
    Episode 7 - "My Friend"

McGillis takes down several Arbrau Mobile Suit units for his team to cut through Arbrau's defense line before engaging with Galan, Takaki, and Aston. With Tekkadan's arrival, a ceasefire is declared while the situation is assessed. Later, Eugene and Akihiro corner Radiche, demanding Galan's whereabouts.

Spoilers violate the Geneva Conventions.

2. Kitschensyngk

Last time: Go fight this battle for me and then you can watch cartoons.

"We're going back to Fuka together, remember?"
    Why do I sense that one of you is going to break that promise?

"If we disobey orders, we'll be grounded from video games for a month!"

And there it is.

Now I know I have a heart, because it's breaking. And getting crushed up against my rib cage.

...and you're fired!

#2 Kitschensyngk, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  3. marklungo

marklungo Greetings from Honneamise

Given what Tekkadan do to their enemies, I wouldn't want to be Galan right now.

Bandai... I still miss their anime division,and all the industry's other fallen soldiers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Well-Known Member

Mikazuki: “Do you best and try not to push yourself. Also, don’t be a f**cboi.”

5. Kitschensyngk

I pour a 40 for ADV Films and Geneon USA.

He sang like a canary, and now you're a dead duck.

"I see your attacks are driven by personal feelings."
    And I raise you PSYCHOLOGICAL WARFARE!

...and you're FIRED!

Someone's about to score himself a pair of cement shoes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. marklungo

marklungo Greetings from Honneamise

"I won't let myself get caught by a bunch of punks!" Well, he spoke the truth... for once.

7. Kitschensyngk

Radice's about to get whacked.

8. animePWNS

animePWNS Smashing...

Sounds like Takaki did it...

9. Kitschensyngk

You never do business with Hyman Roth.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kitschensyngk

He never existed? Then who did they fight?

11. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Season 2 episode 7 was pretty sweet,

McGillis being an anti-hero ally like Char on wanting to stop Galan/Radice was great.

Poor Aston's brave sacrifice death, poor Aston, he'll be missed after Biscuit, Fumitan, Crank, and Masahiro:crying::crying:.Poor Takaki to lose a great new close friend.

Eugene/Akihiro wanting Galan's whereabouts from Radice was sweet, Akihiro grabbing Radice was awesome/satisfying.

Akihiro vs. Galan was intense, go Akihiro to crush the horrible piece of scum which was awesome:D.

Poor Hush the newbie on his first mobile suit.

Galan's suicidal satisfying death, good riddance.

Lafter's moments with Akihiro was sweet.

Takaki killing off Radice was awesome/satisfying, go Takaki, don't mess with Tekkadan:D.I'm glad those two horrible pieces of crap are taken down.

Love the nice moment with Mikazuki and McGillis.

12. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought that this episode was really good. McGillis seemed to be aware that they weren't given orders to attack by Orga, or at least he didn't seem to believe that he would order the Earth division to kill him. It was starting to get Takaki to think more about their situation, but the prospect of going home after so many battles was too tempting for him and Aston. Mikazuki had a pretty cool arrival and I liked how Eugine's group surrounded Radice too.

It was pretty obvious that either Aston or Takaki was going to die and because Aston is a more recent addition to the team, along with talking about his death in a casual manner, I figured he would die. Even so, it was still pretty sad. Not only because of how he developed a genuinely nice friendship with Takaki, but he actually wished that they didn't meet simply because of how painful it was for him to say goodbye. That really showed how being a child soldier caused so much psychological damage to him. Having a caring friend didn't help in his final moment, but made it worse. When he thought of himself as less than human, the pain of losing a friend didn't bother him because they all just had to focus on survival. The fact that the war they were fighting in was ultimately pointless makes his death more depressing, as well as possibly giving Takaki more guilt since he was the leader of the Earth branch. It was a really good and emotionally effective death scene.

I also liked how even though Hush wanted to fight on the battlefield like Mikazuki, he was too terrified to really do much. Even afterwards, he realized that he's just another kid using a Gundam instead of another skilled pilot like Mikazuki. Akihiro vs. Galan was pretty cool. While it was satisfying to see Akihiro kill Galan, I can't help but think that his speech to Akihiro was some major foreshadowing for his fate.

It was no surprise that Radice kept trying to wiggle his way out of the situation. Takaki wanted to confront him on his own. He has been pretty calm and friendly among the other Tekkadan members, but he still shot their traitor. It was pretty intense to shoot someone in cold blood like that, but I'd say it was even more of a necessity than what happened earlier in the season. Radice was a traitor whose actions resulted in many of their friends dying. The fact that he was part of Tekkadan would make him even more of a threat than an outside party simply because it was that much easier for him to manipulate the situation to his advantage. It does make me wonder how this will impact the Earth branch and especially Takaki. He was so used to thinking of everyone in Tekkadan as a family member, but he might become more distrusting of anyone new in the group, or at least another adult.

The ending was pretty sad. Fuka woke up happy to see Takaki, but then was sad when she realized that Aston wasn't coming back. Overall, it was a really good episode.