C&C - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans S2 - "Counsel" [2/3]

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Scrappy-Fan92

Aug 18, 2011
Ratings
United States of America
So we get the reveal that most of Naze's wives are "just" married to him nominally. Also, I'm surprised I didn't notice this earlier, but Akihiro and Lafter's conversation just put in to perspective how much more muscular Tekkadan's pilots are compared to everyone else. And Mikazuki should not reproduce with anyone (still a jerk move on Atra's part to withhold his food).

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
Ratings
In a Dream World
I thought that this episode was pretty good. The new opening was pretty nice and had a good beat to it. Although it was still strange to see people carry Mikazuki around like a bag of potatoes. Seriously, give the man a wheelchair when he isn't connected to Barbatos. The moment between Akihiro and Lafter was kind of nice, even though I was expecting more of a confession. While Naze being understanding about Lafter having feelings for someone else was nice, saying that his wives are also like his daughter was incredibly creepy. I'm sure that wasn't in intention, but it was pretty unsettling when I first heard it. Iok continued to be annoying with his one track mind and making me hope that he gets some kind of karma payback for all of the problems he has and will continue to cause at this rate.

Atra being so focused on Mikazuki and Kudelia having a baby was still weird. It made a bit more sense with the whole pregnancy tying a couple together logic. That is still a really terrible logic to have for multiple reasons, but at the same time, it made sense why she'd come to that conclusion. She wants to find a way to keep Mikazuki around and she thought that a baby would help him to stay put or avoid dangerous situations. Even by some miracle Mikazuki was interested in having a baby, I doubt that it would really change anything for him. It was still hilariously weird that she was still determined for Kudelia to have the baby instead of herself. It did show more of Atra's low self-esteem and lead into a nice friendship moment between the two.

The flashback with Naze was kind of nice. It showed how he does care about his "wives" and he came off as a genuinely nice person throughout the episode. That did make the death flags even more apparent, especially his message to Orga while they were on the run. It almost sounded like a farewell speech or a chance to provide Orga with one last bit of advice before it was too late. I don't know if they'd kill off everyone on his ship, but it does look like something pretty bad could happen. Orga felt bad for being responsible for Naze being targeted and he does care about him as an older brother. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.