C&C - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans S2 - "Counsel" [2/3]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Kitschensyngk, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk The kids are all wrong

Oh, hey, Biscuit. I miss Biscuit.

So they used a good weapon that look quite a bit like that bad weapon.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Well-Known Member

Wait the voice of the guy with the nail file......... Might Guy?

3. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Drinking my sorrows

Which one

4. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk The kids are all wrong

I think the Flauros is the good one, and the gun with the German-Scandinavian sounding name is the banned one.

5. shany94a

shany94a Malfunctioning Unit

New ending, too

6. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

So I guess Iok is our next enemy? Who wants to see him get his butt kicked?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

So we get the reveal that most of Naze's wives are "just" married to him nominally. Also, I'm surprised I didn't notice this earlier, but Akihiro and Lafter's conversation just put in to perspective how much more muscular Tekkadan's pilots are compared to everyone else. And Mikazuki should not reproduce with anyone (still a jerk move on Atra's part to withhold his food).

8. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought that this episode was pretty good. The new opening was pretty nice and had a good beat to it. Although it was still strange to see people carry Mikazuki around like a bag of potatoes. Seriously, give the man a wheelchair when he isn't connected to Barbatos. The moment between Akihiro and Lafter was kind of nice, even though I was expecting more of a confession. While Naze being understanding about Lafter having feelings for someone else was nice, saying that his wives are also like his daughter was incredibly creepy. I'm sure that wasn't in intention, but it was pretty unsettling when I first heard it. Iok continued to be annoying with his one track mind and making me hope that he gets some kind of karma payback for all of the problems he has and will continue to cause at this rate.

Atra being so focused on Mikazuki and Kudelia having a baby was still weird. It made a bit more sense with the whole pregnancy tying a couple together logic. That is still a really terrible logic to have for multiple reasons, but at the same time, it made sense why she'd come to that conclusion. She wants to find a way to keep Mikazuki around and she thought that a baby would help him to stay put or avoid dangerous situations. Even by some miracle Mikazuki was interested in having a baby, I doubt that it would really change anything for him. It was still hilariously weird that she was still determined for Kudelia to have the baby instead of herself. It did show more of Atra's low self-esteem and lead into a nice friendship moment between the two.

The flashback with Naze was kind of nice. It showed how he does care about his "wives" and he came off as a genuinely nice person throughout the episode. That did make the death flags even more apparent, especially his message to Orga while they were on the run. It almost sounded like a farewell speech or a chance to provide Orga with one last bit of advice before it was too late. I don't know if they'd kill off everyone on his ship, but it does look like something pretty bad could happen. Orga felt bad for being responsible for Naze being targeted and he does care about him as an older brother. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

9. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

I hope Naze didn't father all of those children with the wives he considers "daughters". And Mikazuki would be the worst father. Like, Ging Freecs up to eleven.