C&C - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - "Death 13, Part 2" [1/13]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by veemonjosh, Jan 13, 2018.

1. MasterofRoku

MasterofRoku Active Member

Oh yeah, the anime omitted Mannish Boy's internal dialogue saying that he would never underestimate adults again and would never come back to attack the group.

That's surprising.Well TV ratings and standards can fluctuate. I mean South Park episodes used to be rated TV-MA but switched to TV-14, and they weren't as censored. I still stand by not eating (so much) during JoJo comment.

The Outlaw Star anime is nearly two decades old, and wouldn't grab as much viewers like the Dragon Ball series would. Compared to the Stardust Crusaders anime, which is a modern adaptation of a shonen series set in the late 80s. So far, the higher-ups think that the show can hold the midnight slot for now though that could change when more new shows pop up.

2. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

I'm surprised that people were surprised at graphic content. The episode before this had a grim reaper clown coming out of a doggy's entrails.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

Also, consider the possibility that JoJo could be taking a 3-6 month break come next month, as we don't know yet if Toonami will start the second half of Stardust Crusaders immediately after the first half ends or if they will follow in Japan's footsteps and take a break to give another anime a chance to air in the time slot.

4. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

This episode had content that was crude in ways that I don't usually expect from *JoJo*. And I'm happy to hear that the manga at least had a portion where the baby admitted to himself that he wouldn't hurt anyone else, because it felt like Kakyoin was letting him off rather easy.