C&C - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - "Death 13, Part 2" [1/13]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by veemonjosh, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Well-Known Member

We are such stuff as dreams are made on

And Kakyoin makes a baby eat its own poop. Truly this is the pinnacle of Japanese entertainment.

Epic cliffhanger!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk The kids are all wrong

OHHHHH DID THAT JUST HAPPEN?! DID I JUST SEE THAT!!?!

I WAS HAVING A SNACK DURING THAT BIT, YOU KNOW!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Drinking my sorrows

Now that is what I call a s%^% eating grin

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. marklungo

marklungo Greetings from Honneamise

Jojo! Fight scenes, rock & roll references, dead dogs and poop-eating jokes!

5. Master Knight DH

Master Knight DH Knight of Game Balance

Thank God I had read the spoilers beforehand and had the channel changed to Disney XD. You could be watching Star VS The Forces Of Evil you know. But I could see your point that we can't just watch a show involving a case of Savvy Guy Energetic Girl forever. Anything gets stale at best in excess and there's too much toxicity that will butt in wherever it wants anyway.

6. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk The kids are all wrong

The things they put in baby food these days is just disgusting.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

Contrary to what some people say, this is not a good episode of JoJo. The big problem with it is quite simple: almost everyone here has to be written like an idiot and acting out of character for it to work.

For Kakyoin, his behavior here goes against his usual calm aspect of handling Stand users, with him only acting like his true self once he gets the idea to summon his Stand as he gets knocked out while keeping that information a secret from everyone else.

As for Joseph and Jotarou, not believing that Mannish Boy is a Stand user just because he's a baby is full of bull. For one thing, Jotarou had encountered an ape Stand-user earlier in the series, and that's even more silly than a baby Stand-user. Also, there's going to be a number of incidents later that would prove that had it not been for the heroes holding the Idiot Ball here, Joseph would have easily believed the idea of a baby being able to use a Stand.

#27 TnAdct1, Jan 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  8. MasterofRoku

MasterofRoku Active Member

People really should try to eat before the show has begun or after the show is over or at least keep the snacking to a minimum due to the Rated MA content.

9. marklungo

But this episode was rated TV-14...

10. Master Knight DH

WAIT, IT WAS?!?!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?

11. Volthoom

Volthoom Member

Yeah, that happens in JoJo, Araki and the colorists play fast and loose with colors. Part 4 is gonna be fun with its use of colors.

12. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

So who voiced the baby she sounds familiar. It can't be Kate Micucci, that is what it sounded like to me, but it can't be, maybe Colleen O'Shaughnessy, Danielle Judovits, just to take a couple of guesses.

13. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Episode 46 Part 2 was pretty sweet,

Mannish Boy vs. the scorpion was pretty funny, hehehe.

Jotaro, Joseph, and Polnareff thinking Kakyoin is crazy, they'll find out Mannish Boy's dark secret.

Evil dream worlds have a mind of their own do they, but Polnareff's hair getting messed with was pretty funny, hahahahaha:p.

Jotaro's Star Platinum Stand having a wacky goofy scene was creepy/funny, hehehe.

Kakyoin vs. Death 13 was pretty sweet, seeing the Death 13 Stand getting crushed was satisfying, go Kakyoin to get the upperhand:D.

Mannish Boy accepting defeat was great.

Great of Kakyoin to spare Mannish Boy, but from his great words, he'll be a better person and not a murderous psychopath anymore.

Great funny comedy with Joseph/Kakyoin messing with Mannish Boy on feeding him poop, hahahahahaha:p.

Team Jotaro making a detour for Joseph to meet someone important, great cliffhanger.

Cool to see Space Dandy, yaaaaaaay, best new comedy anime ever:D.
    Love the preview of the great new more darker arc from Dragonball Super, cool seeing Future Trunks.

#33 Radical, Jan 14, 2018
  14. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

Okay that poop eating scene was quite twisted, but I can have a twisted sense of humor. Stardust Crusaders seems to be more of a dark comedy than the over the top, but taking itself seriously parts one and two. This episode and the ape episode had their flaws, but I find them to be guilty pleasure episodes. Next episode teases the introduction of another good guy character. I wonder who's on the island.

15. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Can we get a GIF of Star Platinum whacking himself with the frying pan?

16. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

He was voiced by Tara Sands, who has also been Biscuit in HxH and Mokuba in Yu-Gi-Oh.

17. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Drinking my sorrows

Tara Sands, she also does the voice of Bisky from Hunter X Hunter

Crap Ninjad by Josh

#37 PapaGreg, Jan 14, 2018
  18. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Okay thank you,

19. marklungo

No. I was surprised too. I guess whoever rates these shows decided that poop-eating is less offensive than violence.

20. Master Knight DH

Even though it's the damn ending of the episode. They haven't learned from moments like this episode of Tom & Jerry where Tom was put to the guillotine. People weren't exactly happy about that ending.

...yeah, you know what? I am making ANOTHER lengthy rant post. And this time, for an episode I didn't even watch. Congratulations, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: you have managed a mark of shame.

I'm sorry, but really, is Toilet Humor in general what passes for funny? At least Gravity Falls has the sense to call it out, even if it still suggests bias toward Mabel over Dipper that keeps persisting. Really, Toilet Humor is so base that it begs to be degenerate. It's just making fun of bodily functions that are supposed to involve privacy in the first place. Writers, if you can't come up with something more creative than adding in freaking bacteria, then don't bother with the humor. If you absolutely need to go with Toilet Humor, show it as a deliberately bad sense of humor and punish it. Otherwise, do NOT expect it to pull in good ratings.

Oh wait. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure does think to try something "fresh" with this. It uses extreme behaviors in an attempt to try Crossing The Line Twice. Nope, it STILL crosses the line by being just plain vomit-inducing. Not helping is the Moral Dissonance. If it's Kakyoin pulling this crud, it even further solidifies how our "heroes" aren't interested enough in self-reflection. Even without the Moral Dissonance, the gross-out humor is *STILL* off-putting, bad guy or no.

I'm left wondering how I can even count myself lucky I got turned off from a show about magical incantations so fast my head is still spinning from the shock (yes, I'm talking about Black Clover), and yet here we are. How am I lucky? Because I had the good sense to change the channel to Disney XD, which had me watching Star VS The Force Of Evil. For shame, Toonami: how do you have *TWO* of your earlier block shows get outdone by a show with SVTFOE's style? Maybe because SVTFOE has some God damned competence, barring the damned Seasonal Rot which thankfully wasn't relevant in this case because the shown episodes were from Season 1. So I kept the channel changed, no Black Clover and no JJBA especially since I had already read the spoilers about the baby food idiocy, THANK GOD!

Seriously, Toonami, get rid of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure at this point. Oh wait, that can't happen. It's apparently an important part of anime history. If that's the case, deathslot it. If it's that important to anime history, perhaps it's time to consider that anime history itself is a disgrace, one that should not be mimicked. You didn't have a problem deathslotting One Piece, and by all indications, you don't have a problem deathslotting Naruto *OR* Outlaw Star. That should be a red flag right there. Seriously, Outlaw Star is the deeper work, a classic, AND having *MUCH* more leeway for younger viewership, so why is it given the short straw?

What is wrong with these higher-ups to think too little of the crud food stupidity? Where is the bloody filter?