C&C - Hunter x Hunter - "Return × and × Retire" [8/11]

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Sep 30, 2005
Ratings
The Grid
Toonami2018-_Main_Template.png Toonami2018-_Hunter_XHunter.png

Opening theme: "Departure!" by Masatoshi Ono [VERSION 5]
Ending theme: "Hyōri Ittai" by Yuzu [VERSION 1]​

Hunter+X+Hunter+-+107+-+Large+03.jpg

Episode 107
"Return × and × Retire"
Chapters adapted: 253-255

This time:
Morel and Leol fight, while Palm sneaks around the palace.

Notes:
  • The chapters which this episode covers can be found in volume 24 of the manga release.
  • Episodes 1-75 are currently available across four Bluray/DVD sets from Viz Media.
  • The first movie, “Hunter × Hunter: Phantom Rouge”, is now available on Bluray and DVD.

marklungo

Greetings from Honneamise
Jul 14, 2005
Ratings
Berea, Ohio
Leol shouldn't have messed with Morel's friend. Goodbye, butthole surfer.

Hope Palm and Knov feel better. The heroes need a way to deal with that evil smoke.

Little Ikalgo, happy at last.

Radical

The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!
Nov 7, 2004
Ratings
258 1
Lacey,Washington
Episode 107 was pretty sweet,

Morel vs. Leol was a pretty amazing fight.

Leol's ability Inamura was pretty cool, weird/rare to see a surf themed anime villain, I'm having Wipe-Out/Surfing USA songs in my head, hahahahaha.

Morel knowing about Leol stealing his friend's ability was great, Leol on ability stealing is interesting.

Morel defeating Leol by exhaling carbon dioxide was awesome, farewell Leol, the poor loser, he'll be missed on my awesome dead villains next to Tony(Blue Gender), Ukyo(Samurai 7), Uvogin/Pakunoda/Peggy/Frog/Zazan/Pike, and Esdeath/Kurome/Bols/Seryu.Another Evil Leomon dead after Beast King(One-Punch Man).

Morel getting most of the action fights lately, sweet, but Gon/Killua and Knuckle/Shoot will get some cool fight moments pretty soon.

Palm escaping while noticing that scary dark evil aura, poor Palm next to Knov.

Cool seeing Killua/Ikalgo's nice friendship moments, love the cute noseless Underground Clinic Nurse.

Killua's argument with the Underground Clinic Nurse was so funny, hahahahaha.

Gon calling Killua and paying the Underground Clinic Nurse was great.

Killua already healed is amazing.

Killua's epic speech on "friends supporting each other" along with Ikalgo joining Killua to meet Gon and friends was sweet, Ikalgo so the best awesome new ally, seeing some Chimera Ants turning good was great, I hope to see Colt soon.

Last edited:

PicardMan

Nov 9, 2016
Ratings
190 5
Morel vs Leol was a pretty cool fight, but it's good that Killua's cliffhanger is finally resolved. His friendship moment with octopus guy was cute. Is Knov in a mental hospital or something because it seems like that stairway makes people go mad? Hope Gon and Killua get to get some fights again. Gon vs. Neferpitou has been teased for quite a while.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
Ratings
In a Dream World
Morel vs Leol was a pretty cool fight, but it's good that Killua's cliffhanger is finally resolved. His friendship moment with octopus guy was cute. Is Knov in a mental hospital or something because it seems like that stairway makes people go mad? Hope Gon and Killua get to get some fights again. Gon vs. Neferpitou has been teased for quite a while.
It looked like Knov was hidden in the same kind of room where they were trapping Chimera Ants earlier. He might be keeping himself isolated due to his mental breakdown and not wanting to be involved with the battle. I don't know if that means he'll be out of action for the rest of the arc though.

Anyway, I thought that this episode was pretty good. Morel vs. Leol was a pretty good battle. I didn't think that Leol had borrowed the ability of one of the Hunters. While Morel was upset over seeing someone else use his friend's ability, I honestly can't remember if we already met that friend. We probably did since he was hunting the Chimera Ants too, but it's been so long that I couldn't even remember what he looked like. Leol's argument about how he was attacking the Hunter out of self-defense would make more sense if he and other Chimera Ants weren't killing humans. Morel was still pretty calm facing all of Leol's attacks, but being familiar with the ability probably gave him an edge.

At first, I thought that Leol was going to be more of a challenge for Morel than Cheetu was, but I think it took Morel even less time to defeat Leol. It was a pretty smart plan. He used the bubbles as a distraction so that he could fill the room with carbon dioxide. It was slowly killing Leol and he didn't even know it. Considering how much attention Leol got among the other Chimera Ants, I'm kind of surprised that he was killed relatively easily. I don't mind that since the fight was still good, but it was just a strange development. I thought that Palm would be able to get a bit further than Knov did, but she was frozen in fear at that stairway. Since they faded to black before something else appeared, I wonder if they captured to killed Palm.

I was glad to finally see Killua and Gon. I've been wondering for ages when we'd see them again. Killua being out for two days wasn't too surprising. He lost a lot of blood and was near death, so that would take time to recover. At least he was finally able to get in touch with Gon. It was nice to see that their Chimera Ant ally had revealed himself and was getting along with Knuckle too. It was also nice to see Killua having some good friendship moments with Ikalgo. Killua has really opened up more due to his friendship with Gon and it showed nicely with how he talked to Ikalgo. He didn't want to get all emotional either, but he still made his feelings clear. It should be interesting to see the two groups meet up again and figure out their plans to take down the King. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.