C&C - Hunter x Hunter - "Power × and × Games" [7/7]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by veemonjosh, Jul 7, 2018.

1. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Holy Diver

[​IMG][​IMG]

Opening theme: ]"Departure!" by Masatoshi Ono [VERSION 5]
    Ending theme: "Hyōri Ittai" by Yuzu [VERSION 1]​

[​IMG]

Episode 102
    "Power × and × Games"
    Chapters adapted: 242-244

This time:
    Meleoron reveals to Gon his true motives, as well as his powers.

Notes:
    • The chapters which this episode covers can be found in volume 23 of the manga release.
    • Episodes 1-75 are currently available across four Bluray/DVD sets from Viz Media.
    • The first movie, “Hunter × Hunter: Phantom Rouge”, is now available on Bluray and DVD.

2. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Drinking my sorrows

This guy reminds me of the the chain smoking guy who can stop time when holding his breath

3. Anyone00

Anyone00 The Moltar-Snork

He's rather cynical for someone under a year old.

4. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Well-Known Member

And so begins Hunter x Hunter's very own twisted take on The King and I.

5. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Episode 102 was pretty sweet,

Gon/Meleoron's conversation was pretty sweet, his Perfect Plan ability is pretty cool.

Meleoron wanting Gon to trust him was great and ranting on Gon easily trusting people was so funny.

Meleoron's reason on wanting to destroy Mereum the Chimera Ant King because of poor Peggy's death was pretty awesome, he loved Peggy as a good Chimera Ant friend and Peggy was the name of his foster father on remembering his human life which was sweet/interesting same with Colt/Peggy's great friendship.Great sweet character development from Meleoron when he bees a good guy/ally, nice seeing another great Chimera Ant become a good guy after Ikalgo, both Meleoron/Ikalgo, my favorite great Chimera Ant characters:D.

Nice that poor Peggy's death bees very important to a certain Chimera Ant next to Colt.

Gon understanding Meleoron to fully trust him was great.

Meleoron's third/final power was pretty sweet.

Meleoron testing/measuring Gon's strength on sending Snake, Bat, and Hollow was great/clever.

Meleoron mentioning Gon's darkness was a good foreshadowing.

Gon contacting with Knuckle/Shoot along with Netero/Morel & Knov on their sweet plan to face Mereum/The Royal Guards was great.

Mereum being a master Shogi/Go champion was cool, but cool seeing Shogi/Go in another anime like Hunter x Hunter 2011 after Hikaru no Go.

The mysterious cute blind girl showing up will be a great important female character:D, great cliffhanger.

#5 Radical, Jul 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  6. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought that this episode was pretty good. Gon still being willing to trust Meleoron despite how he kept telling him to be more suspicious was kind of funny. Meleoron's powers were pretty interesting. He could turn himself completely invisible, even to the point where no one could tell he was right in front of him, and he could even turn Gon invisible for awhile too. It is a useful power, but I don't think it would easily defeat the Royal Guard or the King. Considering how powerful they are, I'm sure that they could sense Meleoron and Gon even when he's holding his breath.

I was a bit surprised by his motivation to defeat the King though. He had just regained his memories about his foster father only to realize that he was already dead. Peggy was one of the few nice Chimera Ants, so it makes sense that he was good as a human too. Gon might have recognized that bit of humanity in Meleoron, but Meleoron's comment about Gon's darkness sounded like more foreshadowing. Gon trying to connect with Knuckles about the situation made sense. He would be able to help, but Meleoron did have a good point about not wanting more people to know about his power than needed.

The King trying to learn different games to pass the time was interesting. For some reason, I thought that the person he was challenging was a boy instead of a girl, but another important female character definitely wouldn't hurt this series. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

7. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

And the final main player of this arc makes her entrance!

Meleoron is pretty likable, and I can definitely say his power will be coming in handy in the coming episodes...