C&C - Hunter x Hunter - "Charge × and × Invade" [9/15]

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Sep 30, 2005
Ratings
The Grid

Opening theme: "Departure!" by Masatoshi Ono [VERSION 5]
Ending theme: "Hyōri Ittai" by Yuzu [VERSION 1]​

Episode 111
"Charge × and × Invade"
Chapters adapted: 262-265

This time:
As Netero brings along an unexpected ally, the raid on the palace finally begins.

Notes:
  • This is the start of the Palace Invasion portion of the Chimera Ant arc.
  • The chapters which this episode covers can be found in volume 25 of the manga release.
  • Episodes 1-75 are currently available across four Bluray/DVD sets from Viz Media.
  • The first movie, “Hunter × Hunter: Phantom Rouge”, is now available on Bluray and DVD.

Gold Guy

Ride On
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
Ratings
2,651 6
New York City
So,we get a lengthy flashback while story progression slows to a crawl. Looks like Hunter X Hunter is playing by Dragon Ball rules now.
And this episode adapted like four and a half chapters, so you can imagine how the manga was. :p

The narrator is very controversial among viewers for this arc, but I personally enjoyed it in the manga, and I enjoy whoever is voicing him in the dub.

Netero had an even better training regimen than Saitama.

PicardMan

Nov 9, 2016
Ratings
207 5
It seems like some of us are acting like the stereotypical high school students who chant "Fight, fight, fight" and are impatient when a fight isn't happening. This part of the anime is ridiculously slowed down, but there's hope it can pick up. The Netero flashback was kind of cool even if it's interrupting the current story.

Radical

The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!
Nov 7, 2004
Ratings
268 1
Lacey,Washington
Cool to see Netero along with Zeno, the Zoldycks finally showing up to fight the Chimera Ants, cool, best new allies:D.

Netero/Zeno vs. Neferpitou beginning was pretty cool.

Netero's flashback backstory was pretty cool, Netero's training becoming stronger like Goku/Saitama is pretty epic.

Gon and crew about to fight Menthuthuyoupi is gonna be awesome.

marklungo

Greetings from Honneamise
Jul 14, 2005
Ratings
Berea, Ohio
And this episode adapted like four and a half chapters, so you can imagine how the manga was. :p
So this episode was an improvement? Ack!

The narrator is very controversial among viewers for this arc, but I personally enjoyed it in the manga, and I enjoy whoever is voicing him in the dub.
I have no problem with the voice artist; it's just that he was so omnipresent throughout the episode that I couldn't help but notice. I wish there had been more use of dialogue and/or internal monolouging, but as PapaGreg already said, we'll all have to get used to the change.

PapaGreg

Drinking my sorrows
Nov 1, 2013
Ratings
1,400 7
Oh don't worry
So this episode was an improvement? Ack!

I have no problem with the voice artist; it's just that he was so omnipresent throughout the episode that I couldn't help but notice. I wish there had been more use of dialogue and/or internal monolouging, but as PapaGreg already said, we'll all have to get used to the change.
Oh don't worry there will be a lot of dialogue and internal monolouging

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
Ratings
In a Dream World
It seems like some of us are acting like the stereotypical high school students who chant "Fight, fight, fight" and are impatient when a fight isn't happening. This part of the anime is ridiculously slowed down, but there's hope it can pick up. The Netero flashback was kind of cool even if it's interrupting the current story.
Considering that they've spent so much time building up to this invasion, I don't blame people for being impatient. This is getting dangerously close to York New arc levels of slow pacing and spending so much darn time on setup. It will hopefully get some nice payoff and setup certainly isn't bad. I just want them to start fighting already after all this time.

Anyway, I thought that this episode was okay. I was hoping that we'd go straight into the action, but then we cut to two minutes before the group left. Netero and Zeno coming down from a giant Nen Dragon was pretty darn awesome to look at though. The meteors of energy slowly falling down was also pretty cool. I could have done without Zeno suddenly stopping the episode to explain a bit about Netero. It's weird enough when the narrator does that, mainly because they only sometimes have him pop up during an episode, but they had to stop the episode for one of the characters to talk to the audience instead. That was so strange and questionable at best given that we get Netero's backstory in the second half of the episode. Neferpitou had some pretty intense attacks. It doesn't seem likely that Netero would be able to defeat them easily, but it does make me wonder how Gon and Killua will manage when they eventually confront Neferpitou.

Netero's backstory was pretty interesting. Being able to do that many punches in one day for a long period of time was intense. It seemed like he was able to get so much stronger that time slowed down for his body. I thought that we'd see Gon and his group confront one of the Chimera Ants during this episode, but having it for a cliffhanger makes sense. Overall, it was an okay episode.