C&C - Dragon Ball Super - "Final Judgement?! The Ultimate Power Of An Absolute God!" [6/2]

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Gold Guy

Ride On
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
Ratings
2,577 6
New York City
Last Time: Goku Black realizes that strong emotions like anger are what power a Super Saiyan, and uses that knowledge to unlock new powers. Meanwhile, Future Trunks is able to seal Zamasu inside the jar. Unfortunately, Goku forgot to bring the sealing tag, which means that Zamasu is able to escape the jar. Finally realizing that he can't underestimate the mortals, Zamasu and Goku Black use the potara earrings to fuse.

This Time: Now fused, Zamasu has unheard of power. Can even the combined might of three desperate Saiyans be enough to defeat him?

NOTES: Tonight's new episode is followed by a new Kai. Watch them both, and no spoilers!

Master Knight DH

Knight of Game Balance
May 25, 2009
Ratings
178 2
CA
Previously on Dragon Ball Super, Zamus fused with himself but has ended up having to wait 2 weeks to do anything beyond provide a narcissistic speech because some people were interested in beating lessons on how to be AN MAN into our heads, yet another reason Zamus would hate us mortals.

Nobodyman

Sep 11, 2009
Ratings
1,142 3
U.S.A.
Previously on DBS: Zamasu just fused himself!

Ooh, new bumpers.

You know, I would not exactly be heartbroken if this show ever decided to give us a new opening.

Last edited:

Nobodyman

Sep 11, 2009
Ratings
1,142 3
U.S.A.
So what's his name now? Zamasu Black? Or...Zamasu Zamasu?

Whoa! That guy just got friggin' vaporized...into pink rosy petals!

Oh, Yajirobe

Hmm, seems Toonzone is having some problems.

Oh hai Android 8!

Last edited:

Master Knight DH

Knight of Game Balance
May 25, 2009
Ratings
178 2
CA
Hey, where is everybody to remark about things like our people trusting the seal part of a seal who left Senzu Beans on the toilet?

So anyway, Zamus has pulled a Potara Fusion, so what bad news will this bring about?

Nobodyman

Sep 11, 2009
Ratings
1,142 3
U.S.A.
This all I'm hearing from Zamasu:

"Blah blah blah, behold my perfection, blah blah blah, pathetic mortals, blah blah blah, I have green skin."

Gallick Gun? Uh, Trunks, not for nothin', but things didn't go so well for your dad when he used that attack.

Yeah, it's official, Vegeta is a better dad than Goku.

Master Knight DH

Knight of Game Balance
May 25, 2009
Ratings
178 2
CA
You know, I would not exactly be heartbroken if this show ever decided to give us a new opening.
Now that I can see your posts, and another user's by the way--I think there was a term called "netsplit" that could be applied here with Toonzone's stupidity--I can respond to this.

Yes, there will be a new opening. For the upcoming tournament arc.

PicardMan

Nov 9, 2016
Ratings
189 5
On the topic of fused Zamasu's design, he does look Square Enixy with that ring of light behind him and his lightning attacks seem like something out of a Final Fantasy boss. Interesting to note that Toriyama was in charge of designing the characters for Final Fantasy's fiercest competitor Dragon Quest. When it comes to anime adaptations of Toriyama video games, it's weird that they failed so hard when Dragonball is a huge success. No one remembers the Dragon Quest anime and I remember the Blue Dragon anime caused a huge uproar when it and Bakugan replaced One Piece and Dragonball Z reruns. Well, that show had serious problems, including violent whiplash from serious and somber scenes to fart jokes, like a less edgy Akame ga Kill in terms of its widely inconsistent tone. Will we ever get a good anime based on a Toriyama game?

Hypeathon

Nov 12, 2010
Ratings
New York
Speaking of Project: "0 Mortals", here's an interesting video essay on the evolution of British Super Saiyan Rose and a lesson on how to pronounce the word 'mortals' like a British person (the video is a lot more insightful than it looks):

Hypeathon

Nov 12, 2010
Ratings
New York
So now would be a good time to share a series of videos from who I find to be one of the most informative people of the Dragon Ball fandom, Anime Ajay. Since the tail-end of the Future Trunks Arc, Anime Ajay has been providing animation breakdowns of each episode where he lists the staff and who worked on what shots in a given episode.

Here's him breaking down episode 65 of Dragon Ball Super:

And for context, here's another video from him regarding the co-animation supervisor of episode 65, Naoki Tate and his history with the Dragon Ball franchise (fun fact: at one point, Tate was influenced by anime director, Mamoru Hosoda):

DBTrilogy100

Mar 9, 2010
Ratings
United States
After a week long delay, the Zamasu Saga resumes airing on Toonami. The episode starts where the previous one left off, Goku Black and Future Zamasu have performed the Potara Earring Fusion to fuse into Fusion Zamasu. A white halo appears behind Fusion Zamasu and he begins to demonstrate how much more powerful he is compared to his fuses with new abilities, he also decides to toy with Goku & Vegeta while continuing to prattle on about how great he is as the "ultimate god". Everyone on Earth can feel Fusion Zamasu's power, including the human refugees, the human resistance, Future Yajirobe, Future Turtle and Future Android 8. Bulma & Future Mai continue to repair the time machine and Future Trunks instructs Future Yajirobe to take the human resistance and the human refuges to the garage that Bulma & Future Mai are currently at before heading off to join Goku & Vegeta.

Despite their best efforts, Goku & Vegeta working together aren't able to take down Fusion Zamasu and Future Trunks doesn't fair any better either. Eventually, Vegeta & Future Trunks perform a Father-Son Galick Gun on Fusion Zamasu...but the fused Supreme Kai is unaffected and he attempts to attack Future Trunks...but Vegeta takes the bullet for his son from an alternate timeline. The episode ends with Goku charging a Kamehameha at Fusion Zamasu's attack aimed at him.

Fusion Zamasu is definitely a powerful enemy and I think it is cool to see a fusion villain in action, James Marsters continues to give a great performance and the 2 Zamasu voices talking in unison is a cool touch. Fusion Zamasu's attacks remind me of the type of attacks I would expect from a Final Boss in a Final Fantasy game. It was cool to see Future Turtle & Future Android 8 and the Father-Son Galick Gun was really heart warming. It looks like the climax of the Zamasu Saga will continue next week.