C&C - Black Clover - "The One With No Magic" [9/8]

Latest News

Nobodyman

Sep 11, 2009
Ratings
1,189 3
U.S.A.

Previously on Black Clover:
The children return to the village, Noelle learning of the fight at the cave while upset that she was left behind and Asta might still be at risk. At the cave, with Licht knocked out by his own attack reflected back at him, Yami proceeds to restraint him and Valtos before he, Asta and Gauche have to wait from Finral to regain his strength to teleport them. Licht comes to as he recognizes Gauche as a friend of him despite the Magic Knight knowing they never met, Licht saving the explaining later when freeded by three Eye of the Midnight Sun members that suddenly appear through a portal. Licht explained the three members are the Eye's strongest members: The Third Eye. Licht further explains that Third Eye members represent traits that oppose Integrity, Hope and Love which the Clover Kingdom hypocritically value. Rhya the Disloyal displays his ability to use Copy Magic by replicating Yami's attack as the Black Bulls captains battles him, Vetto the Despair whose Beast Magic allows him to shatter Yami's sword, and Fana the Hateful who uses the spirit Salamander of the Fire. The Third Eye were about to finish Yami off when their attacks are deflected by Nozel Silva, Charlotte Rosary, and Jack the Ripper of the Green Praying Mantises.

Tonight: Three of the Magic Knight captains—Jack the Ripper, Charlotte, and Nozel—appear and come to Yami and Asta's aid in fighting the Third Eye. Asta is told that his grimoire and swords belong to Licht's master, and Licht wants them back .

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Sep 3, 2006
Ratings
2,541 1
Kansas
nachosconcarne.cartoonsdammit.com
Kid, you don't want to be a Magic Knight.

You know the kind of people who become Magic Knights? Rich, stuck-up elitist types, village jerks and bullies, aimless slackers looking for an easy paycheck, and people who don't give fig one about saving people's lives. They make you think they're all about serving the kingdom and keeping the peace, but in reality they're reckless, self-serving, power-tripping layabouts.

I'd sooner trust a trio of Japanese middle school girls over these clowns. At least THEY'D make a better job of it.

Tsundere mode activate.

Even what's-her-name can tell she likes him.

Now they're ripping off One Piece's ridiculous laughs.

"Oh, the camera's on me now...I HATE MEN AND WOULD NEVER TAKE A HUSBAND!"

OH, now SHE'S a tsundere TOO!?

Last edited:

PicardMan

Nov 9, 2016
Ratings
210 5
So the bad guys run away and the arc's finally over, I think. Still waiting for the first good arc. If it's going to be the Black Bulls fight the Midnight Sun and the Eye of the Midnight Sun run away every arc, that would be repetitive really quick. So far, we've had two arcs end like that. Glad this arc, even worse than the dungeon arc, just ended. Looks like this show is probably going to last 100+ episodes yet I'm still trying to figure out its appeal.

Radical

The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!
Nov 7, 2004
Ratings
268 1
Lacey,Washington
Episode 37 was pretty sweet,

Neige being put in custody, satisfying and good riddance.

Noelle so needed to join with Asta, Gauche, and Sister Theresa, dumb writers on the poor girl:sad:.

Despite the Squad Captains' argument, but both Nozel/Charlotte to get roasted there was satisfying though, and I hope for someone to shut Charlotte up on the annoying "call me captain" crap.

Both Yami and Jack the Ripper being rivals is cool/interesting:D, but Charlotte in love with Yami is unexpected, she can be a better person and not an annoying unlikable stuck-up crappy witch though.

Jack the Ripper, my favorite best Squad Captain:D.

Jack vs. Vetto, Charlotte vs. Rhya, and Nozel vs. Fana, I'll root for both Rhya/Fana to crush Nozel/Charlotte though.

Licht getting angry on Asta having the 5 leaf Grimoire and his swords was scary, he's calm/collected and he snaps!!!!

Licht identifying Asta's swords as the Demon Slayer Sword and the Demon Dweller Sword that belonged to his Master, the true unseen leader of the Eye of the Midnight Sun was interesting, I hope to see him soon, Licht not the major boss, surprising.

Licht's power going out of control was pretty scary/intense with Vetto, Rhya, and Fana controlling him back to normal and retreating.

Licht the best Shonen Jump anime villain ever, love him:D.

I get a feeling the other Squad Captains will be trouble for poor Asta next episode.

I'll see what the Eye of the Midnight Sun members are planning.

Licht having an identity, interesting.

Last edited:

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Mar 8, 2008
Ratings
1,310 4
Los Angeles, CA
www.411mania.com
Personally, I find Charlotte's tsundere attitude very cute.

I like that Gauche pointed out that Finral didn't do anything.

Asta spazzing until he passed out and fainted was also funny. Yami's jokes about Charlotte were also funny.

Seems Nozel even has some interest or at least grudging respect for Asta.

Rades also mentioned Licht's "true identity." That sounds important.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,377 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
So we have demons, humans, and fairies (or whatever that thing with Yuno is) -- are those all the 'races' encountered on this show so far? I ask this because Licht's rants got me thinking if his people were humans or not. He seems to be harking on a genocide, so that wouldn't make his people humans?

So what is qi in relation to mana?
So far, I take it as two types of energy. Qi seems more focused on energy read off of physical movements/gestures.